Got my blood test results

Sumundo311
on 1/22/13 11:29 pm - Saskatoon, Canada

I am off to see my Dr. about my blood test results a few very low things on it, and I need to find out what I can do, to get better readings. I found a link here or dsfacts about what tests we should have done and the number ranges they should be in, unfortunately for me it is States numbers not Canadian numbers so I feel like I am only half prepared for the meeting. If anyone knows what the numbers should be in Canada, please let me know.

Wish me luck, I don't want to come across like I know everything with the Dr. but I want his to realize I have to be involved in my healthcare, in regards to my levels with this surgery.

Valerie G.
on 1/22/13 11:42 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Hopefully, the results will state a number range you want your results to be in.  This is a good start and will set a baseline for you to compare in your next draw.  If you see some numbers on the edge of low, that where you want to start making some changes to make sure they stay in the good range or bump up a little, especially in A,D,E and K.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Sumundo311
on 1/22/13 11:49 pm - Saskatoon, Canada

Thanks Valerie, I am a little bit worried about doing this because my Dr doesn't understand how important this is, I had low numbers last year and he said everything was fine, now I am on top of it and don't know how to handle him.

Valerie G.
on 1/23/13 1:25 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Many docs have never had a DS patient, so load your doc up on information.  Tell him you intend to review the labs and share your vitamin adjustments for his records.  When you get them drawn again, bring your last results so you can see the difference. I'll warn you right now that the doc will flip at the fact that we take 50,000 iu of D daily.  For the average bear, this is toxic.  For us, it's maintenance.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 975 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1168 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 433 views