I Don't Stink . . . I Swell

PSaadallah
on 3/3/13 9:42 am - Arlington, TX
DS on 12/15/12

2 1/2 months out from surgery.  I NEVER fart, but I do burp a lot after a meal.  But my tummy swells up like I'm pregnant during the day.  Is that just gas - or what?  

beemerbeeper
on 3/3/13 11:02 am - AL

Well I wouldn't say "just" gas but yeah it is gas. 

Huneypie
on 3/4/13 1:52 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Yep, gas.  Try an elimination diet to figure out what it is.  Go back to Atkins induction for a day or 2 and then re-introduce foods one by one.  If you're on shakes then watch out for those as it could be the lactose or the sweetener in them (for me the preservative for the powdered milk would bloat me).

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

JazzyOne9254
on 3/6/13 10:40 am, edited 3/6/13 10:42 am

If you are still using shakes, try whey protein isolate instead of regular whey protein powder. Muscle Milk is one brand that uses WPI.  I order unflavored by the 10# bag through Lucky Vitamin.

The lactose is processed out of the isolate, which makes it more tolerable if you have developed lactose intolerance.

I was LI before surgery, moreso post-op.  After four years it's leveled off some, but I still have to watch it with certain dairy products.

Make friends with Greek yogurt.  It helps restore intestinal flora, and it packs a solid protein punch, mine is 25 grams per serving.  I buy several quarts of plain and use Splenda and extracts to flavor it, along with fresh and canned fruit mix-ins.

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 808 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1080 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 354 views