Labs - input please

Huneypie
on 3/5/13 3:09 am, edited 3/5/13 3:09 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

These may be easier to read on this link here https://dl.dropbox.com/u/33417203/Lab_Tracking.xls You don't need to have dropbox to view the link.

My ferritin's going down.  My liquid ferrous fumarate has been doubled from 280mg to 560mg and I take 2mg chelated copper and 750mg vitamin C with it to help absorption.  I take it 2 hours away from other vites and an hour away from eggs, dairy and nuts.

I'm on the Vitalady prepackaged vites minus the iron batch (Tender iron wasn't tender enough and had me all crampy) plus I do 2,000mg calcium hydroxyapatite in the form of Bone Booster Complex, Superior Source Triple K (K1, K2 MK4 and MK7) and Superior Source Vitamin D3 -- 10000 IU.  The Superior Source vites are meant to absorb under the tongue into the blood and not go into the digestive system.

I think my zinc is coming up, but I had the draws at different labs so it's hard to tell as last time zinc plasma was 10.5 and this time zinc serum is 12.2.

My D's on the way down despite increasing it - I may have to look into sunbeds.

What I take from Vitalady is at the bottom:

Page 1 Sheet 1   Pre-op 3 months 6 months
TEST RUN Date of Draw June 9, 2012 October 5, 2012  
LIPID PANEL RANGE       
  Triglycerides  

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Huneypie
on 3/5/13 3:10 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

OK hopefully second time lucky posting labs:

Page 1 Sheet 1   Pre-op 3 months 6 months
TEST RUN Date of Draw June 9, 2012 October 5, 2012  
LIPID PANEL RANGE       
  Triglycerides

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Huneypie
on 3/5/13 3:11 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Oh dear - the Vitalady stuff I take didn't post either.  It's here https://vitalady.com/vitanews/pre-packaged-regimens/starter- packages-pre-packaged-regimen/

I  my DS  

MajorMom
on 3/5/13 3:36 am - VA

They look pretty good and I think you have a good handle on what you need to do. I'm glad you put the comment on your vitamin E last time, I was thinking way to high, but you're good. Keep us posted on the vitamin A.  Can you get Proferrin or heme iron to go with your fumarate? It might help.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Huneypie
on 3/5/13 3:43 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

I looked at proferrin and saw it so expensive I didn't go for it (especially given that I have a whole load of Tender iron I didn't do well with).  I thought doubling the liquid iron may do it.  I see my consultant on Friday and I was going to mention infusions (not that I think I'll get it before I'm a year out which is July when I next see him).

Shall I add in a single Tender iron tablet for now (60g)?

I'm swayable and willing to listen, but I just don't want to waste more money.

I  my DS  

MajorMom
on 3/5/13 4:21 am - VA

You might try one Tender iron with food other than eggs, wheat, caffeine, calcium/dairy. 

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Huneypie
on 3/5/13 4:27 am, edited 3/5/13 4:28 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
I will give that a try, thanks.

I  my DS  

Huneypie
on 3/5/13 4:31 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
They wouldn't run my E this time. I will ask my consultant about it on Friday.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 983 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1170 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 445 views