Vitamins on an empty stomach??

Huneypie
on 3/11/13 4:50 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

I saw it mentioned in a recent post on here about it being better to take certain vitamins on an empty stomach.

I currently take Bone Booster Complex (calcium hydroxyapatite with added D3, K1, K2 and boron) at night and my Vitalady vites during the day (I take her calcium carbonate too).

Anyways, would it be better if I switched my Vitalady batches to my night time bathroom trips and had Bone Booster Complex during the day?  TIA.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

MajorMom
on 3/11/13 7:03 am - VA

I've heard it's better to take your calcium at bedtime but I think the important part is keeping things separate. I'd take calcium at the very very end of your vitamin batches, if you're taking calcium with your vitalady batches. Otherwise, just keep your doses about an hour or so apart. If you start to have trouble absorbing something, then take that item when you get up to potty during the night and wee hours of the morning.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

JazzyOne9254
on 3/11/13 8:55 am

I always take my vites on an empty stomach.  Not any particular medical advice to do so, I just figure if there's nothing in there to interfere, I'd get better absorption of the vites.

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

J G.
on 3/12/13 4:37 pm

Ha, ha the "wee" hours of the morning.  I never thought of that, that's funny. 

MsBatt
on 3/11/13 9:05 am

I'm exactly the opposite of Jazzy---I NEVER takes vites on an empty stomach. It may be true that some are absorbed better when taken without food, but I figure that *I* will get more benefit from them if I can keep them down. (*grin*)

Huneypie
on 3/12/13 4:30 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Thanks, I'll keep doing what I'm doing for now.  Given that I normally have 9 batches (sometimes I've been known to get an extra batch of calcium) some have to be on an empty stomach and calcium's easier to take in the dark - no worrying about separating off any sublinguals... the whole lot can go down the hatch in one go!! ;-)

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

J G.
on 3/12/13 4:47 pm

I take calcium and A, D and E in the middle of the night during my pee stop.  I have them in 2 little medicine bottle lids sitting by the sink with a bottle of water.  I get them down in two swallows and then I'm right back in bed with hardly even being awake.  I started this to boost my D levels.  And I also take a second batch of the same stuff in the bathroom when I first wake up in the morning.  This also keeps them separate from the K1 and K2 that I take later in the day.

Huneypie
on 3/13/13 2:54 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Thanks JG.  I do calcium during calcium during my night time bathroom trips, from what I'm gathering it doesn't seem to be critical what i do when.  I guess the main thing is to get all of the batches in.

I  my DS  

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 982 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1170 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 445 views