seananc
on 3/13/13 11:09 am - Fernandina Beach, FL
DS on 07/23/12

Thanks!

SA
beemerbeeper
on 3/12/13 9:30 am - AL

Here's where to put your mental energy:

Labs.  Are you getting all of them ?  Are you tracking them for trends?  Have you asked the lab experts here to review them?

Protein.  How much do you get a day?  I would think you would need AT LEAST 200 grams a day.  That is a lot of protein.

Carbs.  Keep them low.  Low.  If you do you will keep loosing!!

Fluids.  How much water do you drink?  A gallon a day is what I am for.

Vitamins.  What vitamin program are you following?  Do you tweak your vitamins based on your labs?

In my opinion if you will really focus on those five things you will be AMAZED sooner rather than later.  Remember that surgeons and their staff rarely know what we need post op to be healthy.  It can be a real mistake to rely soley on them for advice.

You are doing great!!!

~Becky

seananc
on 3/13/13 11:00 am - Fernandina Beach, FL
DS on 07/23/12

you are great!

SA
seananc
on 3/13/13 11:10 am - Fernandina Beach, FL
DS on 07/23/12

That's correct.  sometimes it can be trial and error! I am grateful for your advice.:)

SA
determineddanni
on 3/12/13 10:45 pm

!!!!

With that much weight loss your worried!? WHAT WHAT!? To be honest I am surprised you haven't hit a major stall due too so much weight loss that your body is like WTF! lol It took me a whole year to lose 114 lbs. First off don't compare to others! It will drive you bonkers! I preferred to lose my weight constant, steady and gradually. My body never stalled until I was almost to goal and I really enjoyed my body not going into weight loss shock. You have done very well! Be happy that your on your way to a healthy you :)

HW 259          SW 256          CW 141       GW 150

seananc
on 3/13/13 11:14 am - Fernandina Beach, FL
DS on 07/23/12

YOU ARE SOOOO RIGHT on every point!!!!   i just need to stay in the moment and enjoy it.

SA
JazzyOne9254
on 3/13/13 5:06 am, edited 3/13/13 5:07 am

As with everything else, every DSer is different.  We all have things in common such as  heavy vite and protein supplementation, but every DSer I've known personally and through this board has had different experiences in losing weight with their surgery.

As for the 18 month "window", I never experienced that.  I still lose weight like a newbie, and I'm four years out.  My calorie consumption is considerably more than what I was taking in as a pre-op, just to keep my weight stable.

Don't worry about it.  Your DS will work for you, just make sure that you're getting the nutrition in that your body needs, as well as sticking with your vitamin and protein supplement schedule.

One thing I want to add, no matter what you've been told, *never* completely let go of your protein shakes.  There's no way I can eat 90-100 grams of protein in solid food everyday, so I need a little "insurance" that I'm getting all my protein in. I know other DSer's who would tell you the same thing.

By the way...I've always heard that the more weight you have to lose, the faster you'll lose it.  I have not run into any scientific data to support this, it's just a little something that I heard from a PA during a follow up visit when I was a newbie.

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

seananc
on 3/13/13 11:21 am - Fernandina Beach, FL
DS on 07/23/12

Excellent points!  I have never let go of my protein shakes and i drank them odten.I have been eating more carbs than usual.I am backing down on my carb intake. I walk 1-2 miles a day everyday!  I started my weight training a few weeks ago!  I just want to be successful with this weight loss and weight management.

SA
2renee
on 3/14/13 12:03 am - Ottawa, Canada
DS on 08/28/12

Relax and enjoy the ride my friend you are doing extremely well.  You have lost over 73% of your excess weight (based on the numbers you provided here)     Start concentrating on percentages instead of pounds and keep up the good work.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 695 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1013 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 340 views