My big day is TOMORROW..

wildbutterflys
on 3/17/13 7:59 am
DS on 03/18/13

I am super excited and SOOOO scared all at the same time. I hope and pray that things will go well and I will wake up after surgery (my biggest fear is that I will die). I am happy with the date of my surgery, 3/18 was my Dad's birthday. And this will put me exactly five months off from my Mom although I am having a different procedure then her I have enjoyed watching her through her journey. I hope that I will remember all the things I have read and remember to work through the pain since this just a small part of the journey.

Any thoughts or things that I need to remember?

Continued success to those who have been on this journey before me and best of luck to those who are looking forward to their journey!

MajorMom
on 3/17/13 8:13 am - VA

Wishing you all the very best luck tomorrow. You might want to make a list of all the little things you want to remember. You've been reading and learning, but something about having surgery, makes things slip your mind afterwards. Don't take a lot to the hospital--all you will want to do is sleep, sip and walk. You might take a back scratcher to help you reach for things on your trays but that's about all I wish I had had with me.  : )

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

NoreenRT
on 3/17/13 10:07 am - Warner Robins, GA

wishing you the most uneventful surgery tomorrow.  you are about to embark on the wildest ride ever.  you may forget some things, and learn others as you start your journey.  just remember, you can't break your ds. 

and................chapstick.  i could have really used it.  hospitals are so drying and my lips chapped so easy. 

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

Irishnurse
on 3/17/13 1:13 pm
DS on 04/17/13

You will be just fine. =) Good luck and I am saying a prayer for ya! 

PaisleyParker
on 3/17/13 2:38 pm
VSG on 03/20/13

So so excited for you! Try to get a good nights sleep and not to worry!!! You'll be recovering before you know it! Prayers for you tonight.

J G.
on 3/17/13 4:14 pm

Wishing you lots of success and an easy-peasy recovery.  Thinking back I think taking my probiotics as soon as I could after surgery really helped me avoid a lot of the after-surgery problems others write about.  I even took them in the hospital!  Then when I got home, I set an alarm clock so that I would get up and sip and walk.  Otherwise I would have slept tooooo long.  Staying hydrated at home is super important.  I'll be watching for your "I'm switched!" post. 

(deactivated member)
on 3/18/13 6:41 am

The thing that you need to remember is that you should take surgery as for example a candy bar. You live it, after a certain amount of time you forget it about it.

jzwife
on 3/18/13 8:28 am

Wishing you the very best! I heard Dr. simper is an excellant surgeon. My surgery is tomorrow- the 19th. Please keep in touch. Maybe one day we can meet up- my son lives in Salt Lake and I am down there 3-4 times a year.

Your in my  prayers!

Sharonenlightened

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 628 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 985 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 337 views