Dr. M. Gagner, Montreal, anyone had him as a surgeon?

nicholivolkoff
on 4/16/13 12:37 pm - Canada

So how did you like your DS experience with Dr. Gagner? How long did you stay in hospital? Did he send a nurse to your hotel room to monitor you after leaving hospital? How was the overall experience, and do you know what his typical common channel length is?

Lots of questions, I hope you don't mind! Thanks!   -Michelle

starlightlu
on 4/16/13 8:16 pm - Canada

Hi, sorry but I am not familiar with Dr. Gagnier's specifics but evrything I have read about him is quite positive. 

I am scheduled for a DS at the RVH with Dr. Court on May 6 and any questions I think of along the way I just email him and he is sooo kind to reply each time. Perhaps you can try emailing him (looking up his coordinates online) and you will be surprised to find that he will reply.

Best of luck to you!

nicholivolkoff
on 4/17/13 9:08 pm - Canada

Thanks!

J G.
on 4/17/13 5:16 pm

Dr G did my DS when he was in Miami.  100 CC.  He did a great job and I only spent 2 1/2 days in hospital. 1 day in hotel, then saw him again and  went home, 3 1/2 hr drive.  His assistant always was prompt with taking my calls.

nicholivolkoff
on 4/17/13 9:10 pm - Canada

Thanks for your response. Can I ask, did you have to pay extra for that second day in hospital?

J G.
on 4/20/13 4:23 pm

Yeah, I'm sure I did.  But you can call the Westmount Surgical Centre and ask what they charge.

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 4/17/13 7:32 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

I had a VSG with Dr Gagner in Montreal six months ago. Best thing ever... truly! I was in the hospital for 12 hours (it was not even a hospital really, just a surgical centre) and then at a hotel with a 24 hr nurse for 24 hrs and then discharged. No complications, no problems, everything was and is great. Loving it. I know Renee2 who is a member here had her DS with him in Montreal in August. Also a few recent sleevers - Sonia29, Stormyrock, Luckyeight, all members on OH. As far as I know everyone is delighted with their recovery and results so far.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

nicholivolkoff
on 4/17/13 9:11 pm - Canada

That is very reassuring, thanks so much.

2renee
on 4/18/13 1:03 am - Ottawa, Canada
DS on 08/28/12

I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Gagner.  I had my DS with him at the Westmount Surgical Clinic on August 27, 2012.  I was at the clinic for 24 hours and then transferred to the hotel for 24 hours with a nurse that was taking care of myself and one other patient of Dr. Gagner's.  Dr. Gagner came to check on me the morning after the surgery and then again the following day at the hotel where he told me I could go home which is a 2 1/2 hour drive from Montreal.

Dr. Gagner and the clinic staff were fantastic.

Let me know if you need more info.

Renee

nicholivolkoff
on 4/18/13 2:41 am - Canada

THANK YOU. I am just a bit north west of Toronto. So I will have a 5 1/2 hour drive! No biggie. I guess you stayed at Hotel Du Fort? That is what they recommended for me. And the same times for recovery is expected like you had, one day at hospital, one day at hotel with nurse. Does the nurse just keep dropping in, or does she actually share the room with you? I don't mind either way really. I do admit, I find only one day at hospital kind of short sounding. I hope I don't have a reason to stay longer. I am afraid I will have to pay for an extra day in hospital. I am also going to Westmount Surgical Centre, I hope it is easy to access and park there. The parking at Hotel DF looks easy enough, under the building. I have been studying the streets and learning the routes by google street view.  THANKS AGAIN!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 774 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1061 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 351 views