SCARED, DS MONDAY MORNING!!

nicholivolkoff
on 4/27/13 8:29 am - Canada

Hi, this is Michelle in Ontario. I am traveling tomorrow to Montreal to get the second half of the DS. I already have a VSG. It is stretched out and I have regain, so that is why the DS is needed. I am just packing and cleaning the house, all nerves.

I am pretty scared right now and extremely anxious. I hope this will be easier than the VSG. I will update when I get home, probably Wednesday. Bye for now, -Michelle

MajorMom
on 4/27/13 8:54 am - VA

Wishing you all the best, Michelle. Everything I've seen on these boards seem to say that the second part is a bit easier than a full DS or VSG. I know huneypie and hollykim are both 2 part DSrs and should be able to share their experiences. I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

hollykim
on 4/28/13 7:52 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

Hey girl,hope you get this in time. I found out that the DS portion was a little more difficult to recover from. Not more pain or anything like that,I had minimal pain with both procedures. I had more trouble being able to eat and drink enough to support the DS early on. Nothing tasted right AGAIN,after the Ds just like after the VSG and I wasn't expecting that. I also thought I would just start having the Ds stools right away and I went 8 days without a stool. Bad news! I still now after the DS still have to be on my VSG bowel program or I am in trouble and I didn't expect that either.  Hopefully as I am able to get more food and fat in I won't need the program but time will tell.

I also didn't expect another 3 week stall that lasted a month. I have found out that while I am not lactose intolerant with the DS,it does cause a tremendous amount of bloat in my belly and,as it did with the VSG after a few years,it is stalling my weight loss,so I am off dairy now till the weight is all lost.

I am 3 years older (58) than I was with the VSG and the post op recovery has taken a little longer but no real problems. Hope it is the same for you.

docputer
on 4/27/13 9:14 am - Topeka, KS
DS on 01/17/13

Relax and think positive. Good luck and safe travels.

dustycroy
on 4/27/13 9:22 am
DS on 05/14/13

Goodluck, Your going to do  GREAT!!!laugh

enlightened HW 372 SW 350 CW 185 GW 150 Lost 187 so far....

starlightlu
on 4/27/13 10:18 am - Canada

Thinking of you Michelle! Please keep me posted, I'll join you as my surger is in a week or so.

Erij
on 4/27/13 10:20 am - TX

Thought and prayers are headed in your direction! We'll be waiting on your update....

Irishnurse
on 4/27/13 11:22 am
DS on 04/17/13

I think you will be fine. Seems to me the tummy part is the hardest part. That is just my opinion though. 

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

lamby80
on 4/27/13 1:14 pm
DS on 04/10/13

Good luck, us baby DSers gotta stick together!  :) :)  All the best.

BPD/DS/VSG/Appendectomy/Cholecystectomy on 4/10/2013 with Dr. John Rabkin

Vicki PNW
on 4/27/13 1:39 pm

It's OK to be scared.  Just let the nurses in the pre-op unit know that you're scared and they should be able to help calm you down.  Hope you get the "happy ****tail" before being wheeled into surgery.

Best of luck on your safe and successful surgery and recovery.

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 769 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1057 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 351 views