Atkins bar say candy on the box

Sumundo311
on 5/21/13 12:33 am - Saskatoon, Canada

I purchased some Atkins bars, because I am working on eating enough protein. And both boxes say CANDY on them, and one of then has only 2 grams of protein. I think I will make better choices for bars in the future.

Nov. 14/2005 I have reached the 10 year mark and I am very glad I had this surgery and can live a normal life.

allegedlylisa
on 5/21/13 4:00 am

Reading labels is sooo important.  I found some protein bars (Healthsmart Chocolite brand) on netrition.com that only have 95 calories, only 3 net carbs, a boatload of fiber, and I can't remember the protein, but it was pretty decent (maybe 12 if I remember right).  I got the cookies & cream flavor.  They do have quite a bit of sugar alcohols, so if you are sensitive to that, they may not be a good choice.  They do make my tummy do some rumbling - but then again, so does EVERYTHING.  I've not had any digestive issues from them.

I also really really really like the Pure Protein Double Chocolate Vanilla Crunch bars, but they seem to be a favorite and hard to find.  I did find them at Target and was able to buy 6 boxes.

Lisa

Zee Starrlite
on 5/21/13 4:50 am

Yum on the "CANDY" but 2 grams of protein sucks!!!  I suppose they don't have nuts in them.  Any coconut enlightened!  Reminds me  I need some jars of peanut butter for work.  I loves me some peanut butter.  PB and coffee just like "candy".  Yeah, I measure my 2 teaspoons a day but I am like an addict for my PB.

Hey enjoy these Candies just make sure you get your protein elsewhere.

That's funny.  I see why they would be marked candy - because who would have ever thought "candy"  when your intent is buying a healthy brand.

All Best,

Leila

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Jaiart
on 5/21/13 4:59 am - MI
Yeah I'm at the point where I don't trust any if the scribble on the box or otherwise. Always better to make our own treats and know exactly what's in it.

beemerbeeper
on 5/22/13 3:08 am - AL

There are multiple types of Atkiins bars.  Some have 15-17 grams of protein and those are the only ones I buy. 

~Becky

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1054 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1217 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 506 views