BPD/DS with Dr Aceves

Londa7
on 6/2/13 2:09 pm
DS on 07/10/13
I started this weight loss journey a year ago. I finally had the nerve to really do it. I am scheduled for lap BPD/DS July 10 with Dr Aceves. It took me a long, long time to finally decide on a surgeon and Dr Aceves fit the bill. Now that the DAY is quickly approaching, I really need encouragement that I have made the right choice!!
dustycroy
on 6/2/13 2:41 pm
DS on 05/14/13

I had mine with Dr. Aceves May 14, 2013  He and Dr. Campos are wonderful.  I will be three weeks out on Tuesday, and everything is going as well.  I lost twenty pounds before surgery and Ive lost twenty four since my surgery date of May 14.  I was like you, and didnt just jump into anything to quickly.  I had been researching since Sept.  They are all very caring at Almater Hospital.  Alot different then in the states.  You'll see for yourself.  I would have surgery there again, no problem.....  Just a tip... We brought our laptop, which had Netflix on it, and hooked it up to the tv. Dont forget a long HDMI cord.  We did this at the hotel also.  They have free internet at both places, and I dont know what we would have done without it.  All most all programing on the television was in spanish.  Also when you are in Mexico you get a much better selection of Netflix movies. 

enlightened HW 372 SW 350 CW 185 GW 150 Lost 187 so far....

larra
on 6/3/13 1:31 am - bay area, CA

congratulations on doing your research and making a great decision! I've heard only good things about Dr. Aceves.

Larra

jashley
on 6/3/13 3:28 am
DS on 12/19/12

Congrats on you decision.  I almost went with Dr. Aceves myself, but stayed in the USA to have it done.  I really liked the way I was treated by his staff.

Londa7
on 6/3/13 5:59 am
DS on 07/10/13
Thanks for the replies. I found the reviews for Dr Aceves this morning on OH. He has over 200 reviews and every one of them praise his skills. Some members state that Dr Ungson does the DS surgery with Dr Aceves. Does anyone know if Dr Ungson is still on Dr Aceves' DS team?
dustycroy
on 6/3/13 7:33 am
DS on 05/14/13

No, he isnt.... but if you want him there, I believe its an extra three or four thousand dollars.  I asked them the same question...

dustycroy
on 6/3/13 7:38 am
DS on 05/14/13

If you go on utube you can check out some of his patients, and their experiances, and also "Almater Hospital".  Its all very interesting.  If I remember right I couldnt find a DS patient of his they were mostly sleeve patients...

~~Sami~~ *.
on 6/3/13 9:14 am, edited 6/3/13 9:15 am - Jacksonville, FL

I know Dr. Aceves has had an excellent reputation for Sleeves for at least 5 years.  (He already had a great reputation when I had mine done).  Also, he has a good reputation regarding the DS.

Although I didn't have surgery with him, I did do my Lap-Band in Mexico and it was a very good experience.  Excellent nursing, excellent care. I also thought the hospital food was better than the States... even if it was only jell-o, broth, and this Mexican-type porridge. :)

Good luck! :) :)  

The one word of Spanish I learned was "dolor"... pain. :P  (Everybody kept asking me if I had any "dolor"... but I found my post-op pain management was excellent.)

Lap-Band June 14, 2001. Dr. Rumbaut, Monterrey, Mexico.
Lap-Band removed after 7 years and converted to Sleeve Gastrectomy on July 7, 2008 by Dr. Roslin.  I've had three happy healthy Lap-Band babies.... and one VSG baby.  5 years out from revision to VSG.  Gained 55 pounds in past 5 months, now considering DS. :(

Londa7
on 6/4/13 12:12 am
DS on 07/10/13
If anyone is interested, I have a topic in the insurance cash pay forum also. There are several replies that really should have been on this forum. Some good info if you are in the market for it. (Market-- reminds me of food. Preop diet--yuck!!)
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 988 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1173 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 454 views