Vagal nerve reaction at almost 4 years out

beemerbeeper
on 6/8/13 4:01 am - AL

I haven't been eating much for a couple of days due to illness.  I did stay hydrated and tried to get in some protein.

Today I felt better and fixed my usual breakfast of 6 slices of bacon and 4 eggs scrambled with lots of cheese.

I took one too many bites!!  This hasn't happened in years!!

I had to spit out that last bite and then I had the sneezing.  I sneezed HARD about six or seven times!!! 

I guess my sleeve shrunk over the days I wasn't eating much!!!

Just wanted to share.

~Becky

Huneypie
on 6/8/13 6:09 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Glad to hear your appetite returned and you were able to stop at just sneezing.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

A. C
on 6/8/13 9:06 am

The Vagus nerve is a strange and sensitive thing in our bodies.  When I had my EGD (the first once since my DS), I sneezed for 2 days, then now about once a week I go through a 15 min sneezing thing.  The GI Dr said, it might happen for life, one never knows!

That is so great you can eat that much food at one time!  I have a hard time getting down 3 pieces of bacon in 20 minutes.

hollykim
on 6/8/13 9:46 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

my sleeve has always shrunk,both pre and post Ds when I was feeling bad. it usually takes a few days to get back to normal. F

Glad you are feeling better.

J G.
on 6/8/13 2:53 pm

Becky, I'm glad you are feeling better and are getting back to normal 

starlightlu
on 6/10/13 12:54 pm - Canada

glad you are feeling better

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 677 views
calcium/protein