Healthy eating and grandchildren

Sumundo311
on 6/27/13 11:16 pm - Saskatoon, Canada

I am working on eating right and my main goals are losing weight and getting my bowels in order. I would like some control with that issue.

And I am going to be having my 3 grandkids for 2 weeks, we are going to be busy, I have two in swim lessons and not sure about the oldest one yet.

The problem is I am so busy with them I tend to forget to eat, or eat what I serve them and it drives my hubby crazy.

They don't eat like we do, to me they eat awful, nuggets, canned stew, noodles. stuff like that.

They don't know what a roast beef even looks like never mind try it, they are not adventurous about food to say the least.

I am going to have to make 2 meals for every sitting, and I know I will be tired.

Any helpful tips on how to stay on track and enjoy the grandkids?

We will be doing lots of picnics and taking little lunches because we live out of town and the activities are in the next city. And I don't have a lot of money for McDonalds, which is where they are going to want to go.

I get them tomorrow, thanks everyone.

Nov. 14/2005 I have reached the 10 year mark and I am very glad I had this surgery and can live a normal life.

bluemonkey
on 6/28/13 5:58 am

Hello!

A couple of easy, well tolerated meals for my kids picky friends and cousins are:

Bean burritos with optional chopped lettuce,tomatos and olives on the side

WW spaghetti and salad

frozen pizza and salad

grilled steak and salad

chicken breast and rice with veggies

frozen lasagna and salad

tacos

I have to remember that I cannot change the way these kids were raised in a day so I let my standards slide for the sake of not going crazy!

When we go out for the day I  bring PB & J its better for them and cheaper than MCDs.

Most kids will also eat a turkey sandwich.

I also pack yogurt, nuts, string cheese, popped microwaved  popcorn,apples, grapes,watermelon,carrots,berries,oranges ect. for day trips, most kids will inhale fruit.

Sometimes the kids surprise me and eat the veggies and hummus I pack for my kids.

Good luck and have a great time with your grandkids!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 683 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1005 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 338 views