7 weeks out. I think I need Flagyl??? How long should I ask for it to be?

dustycroy
on 7/1/13 6:26 am
DS on 05/14/13

Seven weeks out.  female parts on fire, bum on fire.  Not a yeast infection.  I have never experianced anything like this before. Ive been like this for about a week.  Went in last friday to the Dr.  they could not do a culture because out of desperation I had used otc medicine for a yeast infection "monistat".  Even though I knew it wasnt a yeast infection I was desperate.....  More fire, as soon as I used it.... uhg.  truely miserable....to say the least.  Yes, Ive taken to sitting on frozen vegtables....  sorry so if this is to much tmi, but I am desperate.  They perscribed me microbid because I had a little blood in my urine.  They said to come back if Im still having problems in a few days and get a culture done if it doesnt feel better.  Over the weekend my gut started feeling sore and bloated uncomfromtable.  I have to admit I havent started taking a probiotic yet.  I think I messed up by not doing so.  I just didnt know which one to buy so I kept putting it off...stupid.  The nurse practioner said she really hasnt seen anything with my symptoms.....  Obviously I need to go back in.  But Im thinking I need a round of Flagyl.  But for how long at what dose.  and if I do take it will I still be able to take my vitalady vitimans?  Ive heard with some antibiotics you cant..... 

enlightened HW 372 SW 350 CW 185 GW 150 Lost 187 so far....

MajorMom
on 7/1/13 8:28 am - VA

Ugh...I'm so sorry. So you're thinking bladder infection? All I can think of is staying hydrated until you can get reevaluated. A round of Flagyl usually is about 2 weeks. Make sure you aren't eating something that's messing with your gut...gluten, milk, artificial sweeteners... 

I hope you feel better quick.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

dustycroy
on 7/1/13 3:38 pm
DS on 05/14/13

Really the dr. and I dont really think there is a bladder infection, there was onley a small amount of blood, and I really dont have any other sighns.  She gave me the microbid more as a preventative.  I was hoping the antibiotic would help the other stuff, but I dont think it has.  I do drink alot of crystal light.  really hard to drink straigh****er.  I think I will try the probiotics, yogart, and stopping the artificial sweeteners...  Thanks....

southernlady5464
on 7/1/13 8:37 am

I avoid using antibiotics if at all possible. Using them too much will result in more resistant bugs invading your body.

So if you can adjust what you are eating, and ONLY take as much antibiotic as you absolutely need.

I had one round of out of whack gut and got mine back by eating yogurt and taking a probiotic. Go very clean eliminating anything you might be too sensitive to such as dairy or gluten or any white carbs.

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

dustycroy
on 7/1/13 3:45 pm
DS on 05/14/13

I think this is what I will try, and what I should have been doing all along.  Its good to hear that maybe its not to late, and that maybe I can fix it myself with out the antibiotics....Thanks southernlady...

Valerie G.
on 7/1/13 8:50 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I, too, am guessing its something you're eating.  Mil**** cream, tomatoes?  All of these do horrible things to me.  To be on the safe side, though, go get some Kefir to drink for a good one-two punch of live cultures in your body, and continue on with daily yogurt or kefir to keep yourself in check.  If you ARE drinking milk or mixing it with protein, try switching to water insted.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

dustycroy
on 7/1/13 3:42 pm
DS on 05/14/13

father out I have experimented with a swig of milk here and there, and really thought I was tolerating it fine....ugh...  so many things to wade through, trying to figure out what it is.  I did buy some surger free candy, I have a peice now and then it does have 22 carbs, maybe thats it....I am using water with my protien....thank you

ANGELOJOS27
on 7/1/13 9:00 am - Phoenix, AZ
DS on 02/05/13

Why would something she eats affect her female parts? Ive had the same issue on and off from the beginning. not really the runs but like a UTI feeling and urgency to pee. I cant even hold it... I had an accident at work and ended up going commando the last hour of work..

Banded on 7/1/09,cool removed on 11/11... Switched on 2/5/13. Ticker includes 23lbs lost on preop diet...          

dustycroy
on 7/1/13 3:58 pm
DS on 05/14/13

I was wondering this very same thing, but I think whats going on in your gut, can affect other parts of your body, kind of like when you take medication, it doesnt just stay in your gut, it gets absorbed and travels throughout your body.  Anyways, after thinking my problem to death and trying to solve it myself, thats what I came up with...lol  I know I dont have a bladder infection, because I dont have any other symptoms.  Plain and simple all my tissue is just really inflamed....uhg...  As far as your UTI, before your DS  I would have said drink alot of Cranberry juice, it truely works and is a miracle.  The acid in it make the bacteria bug that cause the UTI not be able to hold on to the tissue inside you, so it cant live, and it goes away really fast.  But now because of all the surgar they put in there I dont know.  I know they make concentrated cranberry pills for this very thing, but once again they probably have carbs, I guess you could check.....  The cranberry juice trick really is amazing I would go and get a couple of gallons and just keep drinking as much as I could.  You really do feel better within a six to eight hour time.  within a couple of days your all better...

J G.
on 7/1/13 4:35 pm, edited 7/1/13 4:36 pm

I occasionally take the Spring Valley Super Strength Cranberry 500 mg capsules.  Get them at Walmart.  They work really fast. 

And before I would try Flagyl I would try:

http://www.renewlife.com/ultimate-flora-womens-complete-90-b illion.html  for 10 days.

I really like the Renew life products.  Normally I take the 30 billion but I've tried several different ones in the line.

Our diets can be really high in acid content, which might affect you in both the crotch and the bottom.  Something like Zantac might help.  Once, pre DS, I ate so many strawberries as I was picking them in the field, that I even got a rash on my inner thighs from all the acid.  LOL!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 993 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1177 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 461 views