DS with BMI under 40

claudiaes
on 7/17/13 1:43 am - ddo, Canada
VSG on 11/18/13

Newbie here :) hello everyone

Hi, For all of those that have had the DS done in quebec, or elsewhere in canada or really anywhere for that matter  were any of you a lightweight?

Since the government pays I'm not sure they will allow me to have the WLS of my choice

my BMI is 36.5 but I'm pre diabetic and have high blood pressure.

I have a lap band that I want out and I really want a DS because restriction does not work for me and I do not want a gastric bypass.

thanks for any info you may have

Calliope36
on 7/17/13 1:46 am - GA

Got to have co-morbities: High cholesterol, pre-diabetes, High BP, PCOS and any other thing related to weight loss.  I know a lot of people *****vised from the band to the DS. Im not sure how Canada works, so...?

claudiaes
on 7/17/13 1:49 am - ddo, Canada
VSG on 11/18/13

thanks for your response, I have pre-diabetes and high blood pressure so maybe that will count

Huneypie
on 7/17/13 1:52 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Mexico or Belgium are good bets for lightweights.  Dr Aceves with Dr Ungson are the go to DS surgeons in Mexico and Dr Sonneville performs one step DSs in Belgium.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

usandall
on 7/17/13 5:29 am

I am a revision from lap band and I had my ds done in Mexico that said I paid for both so I am not sure.  I am 5 ' 4" high 207 yes a light wt and I do not regret my decision to have the DS.

Hope this helps.

Donna

claudiaes
on 7/17/13 5:36 am - ddo, Canada
VSG on 11/18/13

Hi Donna, thank you for your answer, could you please tell me who did you have your revision with and how much did it cost you?

thanks!

usandall
on 7/17/13 12:22 pm

Dr Ungson and not only did he answer multiple emails he also called and spoke to me I was truly impressed.  I think it was 18 because of the revision other wise it would have been 15 if I was a virgin ds.  I wanted him to take my appendix for an extra 200 however I had so much scar tissue he did not have the time.

Very pleased.  I only went to him based on this site recommendation.

southernlady5464
on 7/17/13 6:15 am

Not sure how being in Canada affects all this for you but my pre-op BMI was 35.2. I had insulin pump dependent type 2 diabetes and high cholesterol.

I have been insulin free since 10 days after my surgery.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

larra
on 7/17/13 7:29 am - bay area, CA

Since you are in Quebec, see if you can get referred to Dr. Michel Gagner. He is a well known DS surgeon in Montreal. I'm not sure which hospital, but probably on the "French side", as they say there.

Larra

starlightlu
on 7/17/13 8:12 pm - Canada

Hi, I just PM you, but for the purpose of anyone else from quebec who may be curious, I had the DS in Montreal with Dr. Court for free. I waited EXACTLY 1 year to the day. Very worth the wait consdiering I did not pay. 

Anyway, as a lightweight Dr. Court had no problems operating me with NO CO-MORBIDITIES. HE IS SOOOOO AMAZING and flexible. He also operated me as a smoker (by the way I had ABSOLUTELY no issues with recovery because of it. He is my angel; my darnest down to earth surgeon who doesn't FREAK like some other surgeons. 

Good luck!

laughstarlight

SW 260 SW 257 CW 139 GW 130  

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1018 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1185 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 476 views