Relaxing Vacation!

Corbin Y.
on 8/4/13 5:23 am - New York, NY
DS on 03/26/13

Thought I would follow up from a post a few weeks ago - went with my wife and daughter on vacation to a Club Med Ixtapa, Mexico.  We had a great time, and got back this week!  I worried that my DS may cause problems on such a long flight, but it wasn't so bad.  I packed a lot of protein bars and some pepperoni, and had no major difficulties.  The one time I did need to use the bathroom, I found I can finally sit on the seat in one of those airplane bathrooms - never used to be able to fit comfortably.  One smarmy flight attendant asked if I would prefer a seat belt extension for comfort, and I was able to tell him no thank you.  It was gratifying being able to use a normal seat belt.

The Club Med was great - highly recommended if you have children ages 2-10.  The Kids Club made it that our princess played with her "chicas" daily, which left my wife and I the day to relax and enjoy being on vacation.  There were plenty of healthy protein options,  fish and steak available at most meals.  Most food was at the buffet, and I twice ate a little too much for dinner, and had to pray to the porcelain goddess post dinner those days, but they were my own fault, not the quality of the food - one time I had a little too much papaya after my meal, the other time, I tried three spoonfuls of their coconut ice cream.  Oops! devil  I brought protein powder to make shakes, and a portable shake maker, but after a few days, I would just bring a serving of protein powder to a bar, and they would mix it up with water and ice for me.  A good tip, when traveling, bring a large cup to put your shakes in, as their 6-8 oz cups would not cut it.  Had a great time doing water aerobics - they called it Aquagym, and enjoying archery, swimming, etc.  It was very hot out there, but I never got severely overheated.  I made sure to keep myself hydrated, which was important, and bringing probiotics was very useful.  Glad to know I can take a long trip like this, and I even lost 9 pounds on the 11 day trip!  Thanks for the tips!

PeteA
on 8/4/13 6:25 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

That sounds great. Glad you had a good time. angry

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

jashley
on 8/4/13 6:40 am
DS on 12/19/12

You make that vacation sound fantastic.  It sounds like you made time for exercise also. 

I would love to take that kind of trip.  Guess I will have to start searching the deals.

meq815
on 8/4/13 7:15 am, edited 8/4/13 7:15 am - PA

Fabulous!  So jealous.....   And what a nice bonus, losing 9 lbs to boot!  Congrats!

(Smarmy...great word...lol)

SHFT_2
on 8/4/13 8:00 am - Grand Rapids, MI

Thanks for sharing! That vacation does sound amazing. I can't wait to go on my first vacation after significant weight loss.

DS completed on 7/29/13

HW 379 SW 354  CW 190

Down 189 pounds

Irishnurse
on 8/5/13 12:20 pm
DS on 04/17/13

This is awesome, Corbin! I love being able to read about your changes! That feeling when you can fit in a seat or bathroom....it will make you shout YIPPEE or even cry sometimes with happiness. I am glad to hear you enjoyed yourself with your family. It gets easier everyday. The DS is a blessing! 

Congrats on your 9 pounds that is crazy awesome in 11 days!!

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 843 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1097 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 368 views