Special Side Effect from Liquid Diet!! HELP!

Andrea S.
on 10/6/13 2:40 am - Augusta, GA
DS on 10/16/13

Help!  I am on my 2 week liquids only diet.... but I am having constipation like I have NEVER had before.  What can I do?

Irishnurse
on 10/6/13 2:47 am
DS on 04/17/13

Take a laxative or mix some fiber in your liquids =)

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

(deactivated member)
on 10/6/13 3:10 am

If it gets real bad, you can try magnesium citrate.  It's sold OTC but I have to warn you it taste nasty!  It's better cold but still bad.  It is NOT the vitamin so be sure to get the liquid.  You will find it in the laxatives section.

SH

Andrea S.
on 10/6/13 3:13 am - Augusta, GA
DS on 10/16/13

It is getting worse by the day..Crying in pain is so not what I was expecting.  I have never had to deal with this before.. :( 

Thanks for your suggestions

Huneypie
on 10/6/13 4:10 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Miralax and/or milk of magnesium help many 'normies'.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Sumundo311
on 10/6/13 6:33 am - Saskatoon, Canada

My hubby is doing the Mag citrate and it has cleaned his system out within hours of taking it, and he is a normie, so it does work.

Hope you get some relief soon.

Susan

Nancy T.
on 10/7/13 12:23 am
DS on 07/16/13

Magnesium citrate helped me, but that initial experience on the potty was still painful, then things flowed easier.  I now drink half a cup of prune juice every day and that keeps me regular and softer.

Andrea S.
on 10/7/13 2:42 am - Augusta, GA
DS on 10/16/13

I guess between the high protein and no foliage my body didn't know what to do.  I took one lax and things are better.  I will probably do that once every couple of days until it changes. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1020 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1187 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 478 views