Sick and only 6 days til surgery! Help!

Andrea S.
on 10/10/13 3:22 am, edited 10/10/13 3:48 am - Augusta, GA
DS on 10/16/13

So.. I woke up today with what seems to be a head cold.  Nose is sore and feeling groggy in the head.  I talked to another lady and she said her DR says the rapid weight loss causes the liver to excrete toxins and many get sick before surgery.

What do you all think and what should I do?

LupitaChin
on 10/10/13 5:10 am
I got crazy sick a few weeks before my surgery (Sept 30). It was so bad I completely lost my voice for about a week. I was nervous that it would derail my surgery but it was fine. Luckily it was getting better just as I had surgery because dealing with getting better from both would have been horrible!
Good luck! I hope you feel better soon!
dustycroy
on 10/10/13 5:33 am
DS on 05/14/13

This happened to me one week before I had to go to Mexicalli, MX for my DS surgery.  Down Payment was already sent, plane tickets already purchased.  I was so afraid they would cancle my surgery, and I would loose money on my plane tickets.  I went and got some over the counter "Cold-ease".  They are zinc infused cough drops that you can suck on every four hours.  If you start out taking them when your cold first starts the zinc wont let the germs set in and the cold gets stopped in its tracks.  It aucturally worked for me.  I only had it for three days..... But your have to start it as soon as possible for it to work....

enlightened HW 372 SW 350 CW 185 GW 150 Lost 187 so far....

Valerie G.
on 10/10/13 9:23 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Call the doc asap and let them know.  They may call in antibiotics to get into your system as a precautionary measure.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1020 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1187 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 479 views