DS & Binge Eating Disorder??

jethrine84
on 10/23/13 8:53 am - St Paul, MN

Hey! Anyone here who has had a DS who has a history of Binge Eating Disorder? I've had my BED fairly well under control but sometimes odd things trigger me, especially now that I'm trying to cut carbs to get the scale to move again. Just thought it would be nice to talk to people who get it.

MajorMom
on 10/23/13 9:18 am - VA

I think I've seen one or 2 folks mention it but they're on the Facebook group I belong to. I can do some checking and see if they're still members here.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Sumundo311
on 10/23/13 1:14 pm - Saskatoon, Canada

I struggle with this everyday, I start the day well then by some time in the afternoon, I start eating, and it is not pretty, some days are gross.

I find when the scale goes down I get worse. I had the bpd and the ds, 8 years ago. I started out around 353lbs and I have been around 220lbs. I have been going between 230 and 214 in the past few months. I am very frustrated.

Susan

Irishnurse
on 10/23/13 3:40 pm, edited 10/23/13 3:40 pm
DS on 04/17/13

My binging was always emotional or stress induced. I have not had an episode since my surgery though because I get full so fast and it can be painful to over eat. I have had days where I will eat like every one to two hours all day long. I actually lose more weight sometimes when I do this. It takes a lot of time and energy to eat every hour to two hours though and I am usually too busy for that now days.  Food just does not seem to appeal to me like it use to. Unfortunately since I cannot binge anymore and I cannot smoke due to Chronic Bronchitis I chew the hell out of the side of my cheek when I get that binge urge. I try and find something else to do like watch a show...something to engross me. 

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

jethrine84
on 10/24/13 1:17 am - St Paul, MN
My binges are related to stress, emotions, or boredom...or a combination of the three. Obviously my binges are quite different than before as I really hate puking (thank goodness). However, I have days where all I want to do is eat. I'm tracking my food and trying to increase protein and reduce carbs. A wonderful friend who also had surgery (VSG) is helping hold me accountable but she doesn't seem to understand that restricting too much makes me want to binge more. I just wanted to talk to people who get this aspect of it. I have a lot of trouble at work as I have a desk job...I'm busy but can always eat while working. Definitely cutting back on that but it's a constant struggle.
Huneypie
on 10/24/13 1:38 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Chewing your cheek?  That sounds awful.  How about some gum instead?  Maybe Stevia Dent wouldn't upset your guts - sadly it's not available in the UK :-(

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Irishnurse
on 10/24/13 5:41 am
DS on 04/17/13

It is not fun. Makes your cheek sore. lol. It is a habbit though that is hard to break. I will do it without even knowing it during stressful situations. I catch myself. 

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

LupitaChin
on 10/26/13 11:37 pm
Binging since my DS hasn't been much of a problem ( heck I am only a month out so I am still new) but when I had the lap band I constantly felt like I was starving so I always wanted to eat something. The thing that helped me was tic tacs. I would suck on them slowly whenever I had craving**** If I was craving savory I would sometimes have a little lemon pepper. Once I popped either of those I also knew it was time to distract myself with something I enjoyed so I didn't keep focusing on wanting to eat. Good luck!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1027 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1193 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 485 views