had duodenal switchin 2007 of may

carolynne L.
on 11/5/13 4:03 pm - hamilton, Canada

Im glad i had i  t   but have IBM now and scared to go out   Husband passed away 1 yr ago on halloween .I need to go out more and meet people.gas is  big problem I want to go to mexico or someware to get lipo on my face chin area also boobs raised so i look more in proportion.I live in Canada which costs a lot,but i want to go somewair safe.and i like the Idea thev removethe extra fat buy melting it. I lost 150lbs so far and can't seem to get the rest of .has someome tryed other countries and how much is it?Is it safe and did you get good results. Is it a long wait. I thaught mexico or brazil.I have no coverge so price is an issue.Do you stay there for a while.how long.What kind of doc. reports do i need? any help would be apprceated Thank You

Don't sweat the small stuff.    CAROLYNNE            
MajorMom
on 11/5/13 5:48 pm - VA

There is a plastics board here on OH. You might give a search for it or maybe Member Services will chime in and point you to it.

Good luck!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

carolynne L.
on 11/9/13 10:45 am - hamilton, Canada

canadian Drs will not give you antibotics as they don,t understand

calendargirl
on 11/6/13 12:02 am - Land of Oz, KS
DS on 04/20/12

Some people develop bacterial overgrowth over time, which results in excessive gas.  A drug called flagyl can help (may also have side effects or drug interactions so discuss with your doctor).  Here is a search of OH of topics containing the word flagyl (searched using Google).  You may want to read about others' experiences:

flagyl site:http://www.obesityhelp.com/

Devrom is a different kind of product, more of an "internal deodorant" that can reduce the smell of expelled gas:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_hpc?ie=UTF8&field-brandtex tbin=Devrom&node=3760901

Link to plastics group discussion using Dr. Francisco Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Dr_Sauceda_Patients/discuss ion/

Link to plastic surgery forum:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/plasticsurgery/a,messagebo ard/board_id,4861/

Best wishes!

C-Girl

Starting Stats: Ht: 5' 0" HW: 242 ~ SW: 229.9 ~ CW: 117 ~ Goal: 124.9 ("normal" BMI)
% EWL @ 03 months: 36%             % EWL
 @ 09 months: 80%
% EWL @ 06 months: 63%             % EWL @ 12 months + 2 weeks: 100%

Huneypie
on 11/6/13 1:21 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
In addition to Flagyl it's worth trying a probiotic such as Primal Defense Ultra available from Amazon.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

carolynne L.
on 11/9/13 10:37 am - hamilton, Canada

Ive tryed everything,unfortunatly I aam alergic to milk and by proticsb sorry comp acting up I take probiotics all the time still have problem can't walk up stairs without tooting ,and the smess is horendis. don't know what to do.

Valerie G.
on 11/7/13 9:09 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Are you getting plenty of probiotics, by way of pills or food?  We seem to have a tendency to get our intestinal bacteria out of balance if there is no presents of probiotics.  I prefer getting the benefit of protein with yogurt and kefir than adding yet more pills to my routine.  It gets great results getting gas and bathroom stench under control.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

MsBatt
on 11/10/13 1:01 am

Have you tried an elimination diet to figure out which foods are causing the gas? That would be my first step. This might also help you lose some more weight. Liposuction is, I have heard, VERY painful, and does NOT result in much weight loss at all.

You say you're allergic to milk---what about cheese? Lactose intolerance can cause a LOT of gas!

As for antibiotics, you can buy Flagyl OTC at the pet store---it's called fish zole. (*grin*)

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 739 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1038 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 349 views