Gaining weight got healthy to become a widow

unique0731
on 11/22/13 6:06 pm

it's been nine months since I lost my dear husband to liver cancer my soulmate of 34 years I'm so heartbroken nothing makes me happy only food now....I've gained 30 in only nine months ....it's so hard ....Blessings Maricela 

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w7jEg6L/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w7jEg6L/blk-weight.png">>

airbender
on 11/22/13 8:25 pm

I am so sorry for your loss...have you looked into grief counseling?  after losing a child, a spouse is the worse pain, please seek some help and your food issues will fall into place.  sending you some peace

PattyL
on 11/22/13 9:18 pm

I was married for 38 years.  Yes, it's hard but you have a choice.  Have a ball for the rest of your life or be a grieving widow.  Nothing you can do will bring him back.  Try the grief counseling with the idea that something is better than nothing.  There are all kinds of strategies out there for dealing with loss.  One of my personal favorites is allowing yourself to grieve for 30 minutes a day and that's it.

We are all going to die.  Nothing we can do to change it.  The question is what are we going to do with the time we have left?  That we have the power to change.

I am sorry for your loss.  And I am one who understands.  What would your H want you to do?  Victim or survivor?  I hope you find your way!

MSSEXXC74
on 11/22/13 10:27 pm

I can understand. I watched my motger suffer and die from Sept 4-11. When I started tge quest the last week of August I weighed 206 by the time I hit the surgery date I was 227. Grief can really cause irrational eating habits. It doesn't make it any easier that everyday it still feels like yesterday thatcshe passed. See a psychiatrist and get you some type of anxiety and depression medication. I will be praying for your strength. 

larra
on 11/23/13 1:20 am - bay area, CA

I am very sorry for your loss.

Others have already provided good advice, so I'll just express my sympathies.

Larra

Kelalicious
on 11/24/13 5:36 am - Canada

I'm very sory for your loss.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 791 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1070 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 353 views