Probiotics: When should I take them?

Amy W.
on 12/21/13 10:14 pm - Buckeye, AZ
I'm guessing we shouldn't take probiotics around the time we take our vites, so when should I take them?

Example day:
8am-Breakfast
10am-Vites/snack (Multi/Calc./Vit-D)
12pm-Lunch
2pm-Vites/snack (Multi/Cal./Folic Acid)
5pm-Dinner
7pm-Vites/Snack (Multi/Cal./Vit-D)
9pm-I take my Zoloft & have to take it alone or it interferes

When should I fit in 2 probiotics since it says it's best on an empty stomach? There are never enough hours in a day these days! :P
Thanks for any help/suggestions!

5" 7' -  HW: 328 Current: I stay around 155 :) 
"...Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing."

MajorMom
on 12/21/13 10:33 pm - VA

They should be fine with your vitamins. Take them when it's convienent for you.  : )

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Amy W.
on 12/21/13 11:45 pm - Buckeye, AZ
But it says to take them on an empty stomach and I take my vites with my snacks? hmMmMm... guess I have to work something out! I think I need a probiotic because sometimes I have this gross taste in my mouth like something died in my stomach. It's disgusting. It makes me always want to chew gum and not talk too close to anyone just in case. I'm guessing the probiotics will help with that?

5" 7' -  HW: 328 Current: I stay around 155 :) 
"...Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing."

Huneypie
on 12/21/13 11:57 pm - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Keep them in the bathroom so you can take them first thing. Even if they only get a 20 minute head start it's worth it.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

MajorMom
on 12/22/13 12:37 am - VA

I see what you mean. If I'm awake, I'm eating. I suppose if I were to get up in the middle of the night...

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Vicki PNW
on 12/22/13 1:03 am

I take mine first thing in the morning.  If I am going to be out in the afternoon or evening, then I take another one before leaving.

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 708 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1018 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 341 views