thirst

Daeline M.
on 12/27/13 12:53 am - Chubbuck, ID

I am a week out from surgery today and I am drinking water constantly but I am having difficulty with quenching my thirst. Any suggestions?

Huneypie
on 12/27/13 1:06 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Powerade zero.  Plus I keep a bottle of water in the bathroom even now so when I get up to use the bathroom at night I can have some.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Delaney L.
on 12/28/13 1:46 am
DS on 12/20/13

Since we had our ds the same day I can relate! I was thirsty sooo bad and just couldn't drink as much as I needed. I lived on poweraid zero too seemed to help. I literally sipped all day and night i also had dry mouth at first!  Nurse told me they put an enzyme in the mouth to dry it out during surgery. It will pass I promis even it it feels like it never will! Hang in there! 

happydsr
on 12/30/13 12:21 pm

sugar free popsicles helped me a lot.  And slices of watermelon.  I also brushed my teeth a lot - the ketosis taste dried the mouth and made me thirsty.  Sometimes a little crystal light in your water may help the thirst

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 975 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1168 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 433 views