Questions about Dr. Sudan

brandy9776
on 12/31/13 8:06 am - Rural Retreat , VA

I wanted to know how Dr. Sudan is? I'm considering going to him to have my surgery if Dr. Smith doesn't take my insurance. I've read on their website that there is a $ 4,000 co-pay what is this?

Weight management programs can include Weigh****chers, Pathways to Change (Live for Life), or the Duke Diet and Fitness Center. A $4,000 copay is required before surgery.

This is what it says. I don't know if this is for the Weight management programs or their program fee. I know some have a program fee like Dr. Smith his is $500. I think that's a little to much if all patients have to pay this. I've tried calling them several times and left messages but never hear back from them.

Brandy

SW: 318  CW: 315  GW: 165

Surgery Date: Aug. 5, 2014 with Dr. Ranjan Sudan

beemerbeeper
on 12/31/13 9:12 am - AL

Dr Sudan was not at Duke when I had my surgery with Dr Smith.  If you are not local to Dr Smith he may require you to stay in a motel until your one week check-up (he required that 4 years ago) which is another out-of-pocket expense to consider.  I would have stayed in a motel for a year to get what I got.  I love my DS.

~Becky

fattynNC
on 12/31/13 12:00 pm
DS on 08/28/12

I had mine with Dr Sudan in August 2012 and I don't remember there being a program fee.   I just had to pay my insurance's regular deductible and regular coinsurance.

Nancy T.
on 1/5/14 8:39 am
DS on 07/16/13

Dr. Sudan did mine in July 2013.  I did have the $4,000 co-pay and went through the Pathways to Change program because my insurance required that for six months.  I am a Duke employee, so my insurance now requires just a $2,500 co-pay.  That six months is a good time to learn nutrition.  Of course, it doesn't all apply to DS post-op, but it's a good way to lose weight , which is required,  and get your body heallthier pre-op.  I started with Weigh****chers, but didn't want to pay for that in addition to saving for the $4,000 co-pay, and I still got excellent attention.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 711 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1019 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 341 views