I love me some hot wings!!

brandy9776
on 2/5/14 2:53 am, edited 2/5/14 2:59 am - Rural Retreat , VA

Will I still be able to eat hot wings after I have my DS? I love them, and was wondering if I can still eat them how much can I eat? How much protein do they have? I make my own sauce and make them at home every Friday we fixed them. Who else loves hot wings? Please tell me I will be able to eat them post-op! =)

Also I'm on my second month of supervised diet with my physician, I am a soda drinker, I'm trying to stop drinking them cold turkey but can't deal with the caffeine headaches. Should I just cut back each day or just suffer thru those headaches and quit cold turkey? I def. need help with this. My haven't lost any weight because of this, I pray it wont hurt me getting approved for my surgery because I'm not losing anything.

Thanks ladies!!

SW: 318  CW: 315  GW: 165

Surgery Date: Aug. 5, 2014 with Dr. Ranjan Sudan

miranda12503
on 2/5/14 3:23 am

I eat wings! I love them...can not eat as many as before BUT still enjoy them. I was a diet coke drinker before and still drink one glass a day.... I know some will frown upon this.... As long as I am able to get in my protein,water, and vites for the day I do not worry about it...

DS Surgery Nov 12th, 2013

SW 250       BMI 41.6

CW 127 BMI 21

123 pounds loss in 1 year 7 months! 

Went from a size 22 to a size 4/6!

Valerie G.
on 2/5/14 5:32 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Hell yes!  My first couple of years I could eat about 3.  They have 6g of protein in each wing.  Today, put me down for 6 or 7.  Spicy isn't a problem, but I prefer Medium. 

I had the best of intentions to quit my diet coke when I had my date 6 wks prior.  I wound up stopping the Friday before my Monday morning procedure.  The first day was okay, but the second day got the headache and I was in agony until they gave me morphine at the hospital.  If you're drinking sugary soda, try making the switch to diet, at the very least.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

shiron
on 2/5/14 6:25 am

im 7 weeks post op and the other day i ate wings for the first time. i only had two but they went down fine!!

PeteA
on 2/5/14 6:28 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

The wings will be fine but not too soon after surgery. Especially with the hot sauce. ive yourself some time to heal before jumping back in. 

brandy9776
on 2/5/14 7:43 am - Rural Retreat , VA

That's great news, I'm so happy I wont have to give them up. I make my own sauce and make them between mild and medium to where they have a nice kick to them. I'm trying really hard to just drink maybe one a day just to help keep that headache away.

Our insurance should start either next month or the first of April and I'm praying I'll have everything in order to get approved for my DS. Really getting excited!

Thanks again ladies for responding...

SW: 318  CW: 315  GW: 165

Surgery Date: Aug. 5, 2014 with Dr. Ranjan Sudan

nativenewyorker64
on 2/5/14 9:13 am - UT

I love hot wings. I eat them quite often to help get my protein in. You won't be able to eat them for a few months, but you will eventually be able to eat them. I can eat about 4 and I am almost 9 months out.

dustycroy
on 2/5/14 10:22 am
DS on 05/14/13
Im one of the unfortunate ones that has a hard time with chicken. After about three bites it tends to cause my sleeve discomfort, but I also have discomfort with a lot of things. With that being said you can see that most do just fine and the odds are in your favor...Good Luck!

enlightened HW 372 SW 350 CW 185 GW 150 Lost 187 so far....

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 713 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1019 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 341 views