Has anyone had a thigh lift?

jazzy31
on 2/11/14 12:04 am

Hello All,

I'm considering getting a thigh lift and wondered if those who had it ever regretted having it done? I got a quote for $8400 so I'm asking myself is it worth it? Will I feel better about myself? I know that nobody can answer that those questions for me as it is personal choice, but I'm interested in your experiences. I had my arms done a few years ago and it was worth every penny, however I had my arms done at a resident program so it was cheaper. For the legs I know it's a much bigger surgery and think I will go with the surgeon, who did my arms, but now he has his own practice but that also means his fees are more now that he is no longer a resident. I'm interested in feedback like when you wear a dress or swim suit do you feel embarrassed about the scars? Are they very noticeable?

Thank you!!!

HW:330, SW: 280, CW: 161, GW: 165         

Valerie G.
on 2/11/14 3:44 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I've heard a mix of reviews over satisfaction of the results.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Sandra C.
on 2/11/14 9:35 am - Kalamazoo, MI

I just had  thigh lift and arms done 5 days ago. Interviewing a few surgeons gave me ides for the different way to go the thighs. I didn't want a verticsl scar from knee to croth. I opted for a groin scar with lipo. The only pain I have now is from sitting on the incision under the butt muscle. The arms ache a bit close to the end of the undergarment in the pitts. Thighs need to be in tight stretch work out pants, for about 6 weeks. There are 2 drains, not uncomfortable. My surgery was 5.5 hrs for arms and legs done together. None of my other body scars show in clothes or bikinis. The scars a year out are hardly visable. My surgeons quote for a Bilateral medialthyplasty was $ 7669.00 ( included $500. professional courtesy). Having arms and legs together saved us lots. This total was $ 12,005.00. I chose a plastics professional, with many years out of training, and 5 peoples choice awards, over the years, and a Centr of Excrllence. Dr. Renucci, Grand Rapids at Platic Surgery 'associates has done a super job on all 3 of my plastic surgeries. Great bedside mannor and friendly attitude, listens and answers all my questions.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Duodenal Switch- lap
Dr. Paul. Kemmeter Grand Rapids, Mi.
Dr. John  Renucci, Plastics, Body contouring,Grand Rapids, Mi.
Start 255/ Surgery wt 235/ Current wt. 117

BMI-20, 135 lbs lost, 5'3"

airbender
on 2/11/14 10:38 am

everyone is different, one thing good about me I scare very very well, you can't see my surgery scars, I also had the medial thigh lift with the longitude component-yep down to the knees......you have to look very very close like within 1inch and I still have to struggle to see them, to see anything, it has been years since my surgery my arms are the same way, but that is not typical, I know I am unsual.   you will have an idea how you heal by your other scars.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1017 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1185 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 476 views