Slow Down, Slow... STOP!

Chris Mitchell
on 2/19/14 2:49 am

Well I am 22 weeks PO. Last week I had a 1 lbs loss then the last meeks before that it was a 2-3 lbs loss per week. But now this week ZERO. I knew this day would come but do not like it. I am sure it will start up again but with about 70 lbs pounds to lose it is kind of hard. It also seems to have slowd since I changed my diet, I was going by the doc and dooing a low cal low fat and low carb diet but now with the advice of the online fellow DSers I added fat and stoped counting cals and jus****ching carbs and make sure I get my protien in. I work out 5 days a week but I do not know if I am eating to much or what. Any advice would be great.

Chris M. - Highest Weight = 397 lbs, Start of Program = 386 lbs, Day of Surgery = 360 lbs

YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vinnero0

Melanie74
on 2/19/14 4:57 am

Chris - I can't be sure .... But it sounds like the normal peaks and valleys of losing weight. I have dieted my whole life and there are always "stalls" along the way where I stop losing temporarily. I am expecting the same even with the DS. Do you also track your measurements?  If you are working out, you could be losing inches but not weight (replacing fat with muscle). 

2-3 lbs a week as an average is great!!  Don't discount how far you have come by only focusing on how much more you want to lose. You're a it 1/2 way there in just 22 weeks - you're doing awesome!!!

Valerie G.
on 2/19/14 5:43 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Whenever I stalled, I would go down a size or three.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

miranda12503
on 2/20/14 1:15 am

Happens to me also.... I lose 3-4 pounds then take a week off and lose nothing.... then poof another 3-4 pounds drop.... Just keep up the work and it will start to drop again... have faith!

Miranda

DS Surgery Nov 12th, 2013

SW 250       BMI 41.6

CW 127 BMI 21

123 pounds loss in 1 year 7 months! 

Went from a size 22 to a size 4/6!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 485 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 906 views