a successful first year!

S Andrews
on 3/17/14 12:36 pm - eatonville, WA

After a failed RNY 7 years ago due to a fistula I decided to try a revision.  I was scared of failure again but I did my research, listened to those one this site and took that leap of faith. I moved forward, making sure I had a great surgeon who was well experienced and educated in the DS. It has been one year to almost the day that I had my surgery and I can honestly say that I feel like a success. When I had my initial visit with my surgeon he told me he would do a tummy tuck once I had lost 80lbs. I was a little reluctant to have a tummy tuck without losing all my weight but he assured me that I would continue to lose. He said that research and experience had shown that it was a healthier option than losing all the weight first. Once again I put my faith in him. I did my tummy tuck in January along with a hernia repair.  Since my surgery in January I have lost an additional 32lbs with a total weightloss of 112lbs in one year. I am 63 and a revision so I consider myself blessed to be down that much in 1 year. I have 25lbs more that I would l10 would be nice but a 12 still makes me happy. I am meeting up with an old college roommate for lunch tomorrow that I haven't seen in almost 40 years. I was here 2 years ago and just couldn't even bring myself to contacting her because I was so heavy at the time. Now I am comfortable with myself. I feel I have wasted so many years living as an obese person because I let it hold me back from all those fun experiences in life. I am moving forward and finally allowing myself to enjoy life. Thanks for all your support and kindness on this forum.

Sharon

on 3/17/14 12:40 pm

Congrats happy for you, pictures of the tummy tuck pls if you don't mind

VSG TO DS REVISION 

S Andrews
on 3/17/14 1:33 pm - eatonville, WA

I'm not very good with pics but will see if I can get one of my tech kids to help me once I get home. I am in Idaho until Friday. I love my tummy tuck. I never realized taking off 11lbs from one area could do so much for your shape!

MajorMom
on 3/17/14 7:14 pm - VA

Congratulations!  So happy for you.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

beargriff
on 3/18/14 12:22 am

congradulations!!!  what a great year you have had!

PeteA
on 3/18/14 3:17 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

miranda12503
on 3/20/14 8:23 am

Congrats!! Sounds like a great year!! Have fun tomorrow!

DS Surgery Nov 12th, 2013

SW 250       BMI 41.6

CW 127 BMI 21

123 pounds loss in 1 year 7 months! 

Went from a size 22 to a size 4/6!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1017 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1185 views
Need help for my mom