TERRIBLE NIGHT SWEATS

S Andrews
on 4/5/14 5:00 am - eatonville, WA

I posted several weeks ago about having low protein levels at my last Dr visit and believe part of the problem was that the labs were done not long after my last surgery. It totally took away my appetite so had a very difficult time getting back on top of things. In the mean time I began having terrible night sweats to where I wake up completely drenched. This will happen sometimes as much as 3-4 times a night. I have gone to several Drs including my surgeon and all are baffled by the night sweats and have no answers for me. I began doing my own studying and ran across information that low protein levels affect our hormones. Have any of you ever experienced this or have any information that might be able to help me get past this? I have had the flu for the last week so getting on top of my protein has been tough but I am now back to pushing my protein intake to over 100. I am hoping this will eventually make a big difference but am hoping you might have something to add.

Thanks

Sharon

theamazingtif
on 4/5/14 2:58 pm - Rockwall, TX

I had those really bad right after my surgery. I would wake up drenched!  I'm 6 weeks out and thankfully it has gotten better. I still have them on occasion but not all night, every night like before. 

Huneypie
on 4/6/14 4:12 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

I used to suffer with night sweats when I had apnea.  My BMI was ~22 and I was a teen, but I think my apnea issues were caused due to a broken neck - I must've lost muscle tone even though it wasn't possible to see anything.

Anyway, I eventually got my uvula removed and when I went back to get my sleep study I said to the surgeon 'I think it's gone coz I no longer get the sweats'.  The surgeon said that it was a strong indicator that the surgery was successful... the sleep study showed that the surgery was indeed successful.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Melanie74
on 4/6/14 11:29 am

I get bad night sweats when my thyroid levels are too low. Have you had that checked?

56sunShine14
on 4/7/14 9:12 am

I don't know how old you are but I have been having them for a few years now and am now post menopause.  I forgot to mention them to my ob-gyn at my appt. last month but in speaking to someone around Christmas, she told me to try Estroven.  It is over the counter and I did try it.  After taking it for a few days, the sweats completely stopped!  But if I don't take them, the sweats return. 

S Andrews
on 4/8/14 10:18 am - eatonville, WA

Thanks for the advice everyone. I finally found a Dr who is paying attention. Unfortunately , night sweats can be a sign of cancer . Since I have had breast cancer I am now having to under go some extensive testing to rule it out so keep me in your prayers. Not looking forward to the tests ahead but hopefully it rule it out and be able to zero in on what it is. I am hoping its just a hormonal thing or thyroid issue.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1018 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1185 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 476 views