Getting back and other stuff

ladydi1970
on 5/25/14 12:32 am, edited 5/25/14 12:35 am - GA

Hi all....has been a very long time since I've posted.

Lots has happened in the past year.

My personal life has went to hell in a hand basket (Last year in July), and I find myself living back in FL with my mommy and daddy (how embarrassing!!! 43 years old!) and with a personal life blow up, comes depression and you got it........... weight gain.  (lost about 12 lbs. at first, but started going back the other way quickly)

So here I am, at 190 lbs., thrown back into the ****sigh**** dating world and I'm not a happy girl at all.

I can't control so much in my life, so I've decided that my health is something I need to get a grip on.

Now....on to the other stuff

So much stuff gives me gas.  I can't eat raw veggies (salad), fresh fruit, anything with white flour (this is everyone with the DS though).  I became lactose intolerant after surgery, but it was just straight up milk or ice cream.  now.........it's everything.  Cheese, yogurt, everything dairy.  Which sux out loud, because I looooove cheese.

Since living with my family (and we all know how honest family can be) I've discovered that I fart in my sleep.  LIKE A LOT.  And it will melt the paint right off the wall.  So many people think "so what" but this is a subject that gives me great, huge embarrassment.  I feel like I will never get this under control and I will never be able to have a male guest to ever stay the night, when I do finally have my own place.

My tummy is constantly gurgling, and I constantly have BM's that is like the "big D".  I NEVER go to the bathroom to just tinkle, I have a BM EVERY SINGLE TIME.  I don't even like going to the bathroom at work, because I stink up the place.  I am mortified.

I've cut out every single thing that I know gives me issues, but it's leaving me with little to no food to eat.  Which sounds funny because I've gained so much weight...must be eating something!  LOL

Iron is extremely low, having iron shots done now.  Thyroid is low, also working on that too.  

Have to have a biopsy done on a lump that is on my thyroid next week, I'm not worried, because the radiologist says it doesn't look suspicious.  Seems a lot of people have them, and its really nothing (fingers crossed).

My goals now are, get the "deadly gas" situation under control, loose 20-30 lbs. (my goal weight of 152 made me look toooooo skinny, so around 170 is where I look healthy), and just try to be happy again.

Ok, that's my rant.

I know what I have to do, it's been almost a year that my life fell apart, time to put on my big girl panties and make things happen.

Diana........current weight 190ish

Diana   DS Revision from '99 RNY 
UHC Denied Jan'09/APPROVED Feb'09 
DS-SW287; CW/190 GW/152

PattyL
on 5/25/14 5:42 am

Hi You!  Nice to see you back but I'm sad to hear about your difficulties.  BTW there is no one on the planet who doesn't fart in their sleep.  Just so you know!  Sounds like you need a course of flagyl and some probiotics!

ladydi1970
on 5/25/14 11:24 am - GA

I've just recently started taking Digestive Advantage.  It seems to be helping with the gas at night.  

I've got an appointment on the 10th with a gastro doc.  My primary doc just can't get it through her thick skull that I simply don't absorb iron, she's convinced that I'm bleeding some where.  Maybe after I see the gastro doc, he'll be able to help me with the gas, bloating and "big D" issues I have daily.  That's if he will actually take the time to READ my surgical notes!!!

All my labs (but iron & Thyroid) are good.  All I have to take now is a multi-Vit.

***sigh***  dating at 43, sux..just in case anyone was wondering!  

Diana   DS Revision from '99 RNY 
UHC Denied Jan'09/APPROVED Feb'09 
DS-SW287; CW/190 GW/152

jashley
on 5/26/14 12:38 am
DS on 12/19/12

The round of Flagyl antibiotics will kill the bad germs (gas causing) overgrowth you have going on.  I love that stuff.  It cuts the gas to zero in 12 hours for me.  Then a really quality probiotics to put all the good germs back into control.  I bet you will feel a lot better after taking a round of it.

Recently I read a thread about someone who was having constant diarrhea.  Someone told her to take Benefiber 3 times a day.  This will firm up the stool, you will go once (maybe twice) a day.  Apparently it works.  I also would suggest taking a cheap form of iron and calcium citrate because they cause constipation also.  I would definitely get this under control - you do not want to be having bowel movements at work.  That's never going to work out well for a DSer.

Valerie G.
on 5/26/14 11:09 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I only discovered a year ago that onions were a key contributor to much of my remaining gas issues.  They were a staple for me, and SO much has changed since I eliminated them.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

J G.
on 5/28/14 3:47 pm

Hi Val, I have had trouble with onions, also.  I've found I do much better with the Vidalia onions and sautéing them helps, too. Just thought I'd mention it, in case you haven't explored that avenue....   -Jenny

gdesshill
on 5/28/14 8:22 pm
RNY on 01/10/14

Have you tried Lactaid with milk and dairy products? They work tremendously and might help you with you a greater variety of choices to eat.

Good Luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1021 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1188 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 480 views