Help Nausea

Dolphingirl1385
on 7/1/14 4:27 am

Hello Everyone. I am 18 days out and healing well. I was getting in most of my protein and fluids and doing pretty good. however, about four days ago i hit a wall with the protein. i became very nauseated and couldnt drink one more no matter what (tried several flavors). I decided to leave them alone and try food for a change (i had been given the okay by dr for food at  post op). I was able to force a few bites here and there but drinking less to try and eat. now im only drinking about half of what i was and barely eating. The naseau is getting worse where i dont want to 

MajorMom
on 7/1/14 7:19 pm - VA

Really force the fluids and maybe ask about going in to urgent care to get a bag of fluids. Sounds like dehydration, which is very, very easy to do immediately post-op. 

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Dolphingirl1385
on 7/2/14 7:18 am

I'm getting some fluids just not what I was.........only about 30oz and I was getting in double that before the nausea set in. I have backed off food bc that is what started all this and just focusing on fluids. Got new protein today and trying that hope it works.......if it does I should be fine. If I can't do the new protein either calling doc Friday. Thanks for your support.

PeteA
on 7/2/14 6:28 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Once you get checked for dehydration talk to your Doc about some nausea meds. Gina's right dehydration is the
first thing to rule out. I hope you feel better soon. Hard enough to make progress without fighting the nausea too.

Dolphingirl1385
on 7/2/14 7:12 am

I was drinking fluids just fine until I tried to incorporate food and that's when it fell apart. Just focusing on fluids now and backed off forcing food . I started taking meds for the nausea and it helps until I try to eat or drink protein then instant gag. I switched protein hoping that helps if not going to call doc Friday. Thanks for your support. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 682 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1005 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 338 views