Help Nausea

Dolphingirl1385
on 7/1/14 4:31 am

my post got cut off. i so nauseated i am struggling to eat or drink at this point. taking the medicine and it helps until i see food then no go. will this pass? I was doing so well. this sucks.

BlueMoon2421
on 7/1/14 7:17 am

I am glad that you wrote in. I have this problem too and I don't know what to do either.

Dolphingirl1385
on 7/1/14 7:52 am

I'm glad I'm not alone. I was doing so well now this........it hit me out of nowhere. I am trying everything.......different liguids......different foods........nothing seems to help. Have you heard of anyone else having this or if it's normal? Btw how far out are you from surgery?

BlueMoon2421
on 7/1/14 10:02 am

I am 15 weeks out. My surgery was March 13. I didn't have any problem until I was about 6 weeks out. I have had problems since I have transitioned to solid food. I don't know any other DS patients. Most people have the RNY gastric bypass. Can you drink the protein shakes? I find the taste of them repulsive now. Do you have trouble taking pills? I have a terrible time. I vomit almost every time I take them. I get tired so easily now. I am going to the doctor tomorrow. I will let you know what she says.

Dolphingirl1385
on 7/1/14 2:04 pm

I am only almost three weeks out and mine started at two weeks when I started soft foods. I tried going back to just protein shakes and they make me nauseous too. I was supposed to start my vitamins last week but then this started so I haven't even attempted it. Let me know how your appt goes. Good luck.

PeteA
on 7/2/14 6:36 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Hey Dolphingirl I hope the Doc has some good advice. Here are a couple of things you an try with the shakes.

Buy unflavored and put it into things like coffee, yogurt and cottage cheese. I've heard Unjury unflavored is good. Some of the vitamin
places (Vitamin Shoppe?) and some online places will sell you samples packs (vitalady.com among others). You might also
look into protein powder from Jay Robb - it is based on eggs and some people find they can handle that better.

As for the pills maybe you could do a separate post listing what you are taking and when. Have you tried to see if it one pill
in particular that causes the upset?

Huneypie
on 7/2/14 2:30 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Are you getting enough fluid in?  Dehydration can cause nausea.  It's also worth checking with your PCP if increasing hydration doesn't help.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Valerie G.
on 7/4/14 12:28 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Dehydration is the first thing I thought of too.  You should be getting 64oz in minimum no matter how hard it is.  Just do it.  You may need to get yourself to the ER for an IV bag to get you back on track.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 683 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1005 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 338 views