Vitamin K2 MK4 vs MK7?

Huneypie
on 7/2/14 3:35 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

I was wondering why we're meant to favor K2 MK7 over MK4 (Vitalady favors MK7, but I never found out why).  I've read a few normie discussions and wonder if the implications are any different for us.  TIA.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

PeteA
on 7/2/14 7:00 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Hi there,

I don't think the implications are different for us here is what I remember from my readings.

MK7 lasts longer in the body than MK4 and k1 (96 hours for mk7  vs 8 hours for k1 and mk4).

I thought that I read that one is better to promote bone health and the other was better to 
promote keeping your arteries clear. Although a quick read on Google and I can't find that now.

Some normie conversations about high levels of D supplementation causing people to need K2 supplemetation
but very few studies.

Here is a link to an old vitalady post but I think it may be outdated - from 2009.
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/DS/4088102/Vit-k/

I hope this helps a little. I find it pretty confusing myself.

Huneypie
on 7/3/14 3:00 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Many thanks Pete, that was a great link I've bookmarked it for future reference.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

robertabreton
on 7/7/14 3:19 pm - WA

The link didn't transfer but you might be able to track down the study from info below.

Vitamin K-2 - Marrowforums

Vitamin K-2 - Marrowforums Vitamin K-2 MDS

View on forums.marrowforums... Preview by Yahoo

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 732 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1031 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 345 views