Loving my SADI-S loop DS

Miranda W.
on 12/3/14 11:52 am - Zebulon, NC

2 weeks post op today. I feel great. Down 26 pounds from 2 week preop weight. I've had no bad side-effects so far. Left the hospital off all of my diabetic medications and haven't looked back. So glad I made this right decision for me to remove the lapband and go with the single loop DS. Very thankful for my surgeon,  Dr. Paul Enochs.  

katygee
on 12/3/14 12:17 pm, edited 12/3/14 12:18 pm
DS on 11/14/14

Watch out there girl!  Some SADI haters on here for sure ;o)

So happy for you!  I too am having success with my SADI - 21 days out and I've lost close to 40 lbs from my high weight. 

The only really bad "side effect" that hasn't gone away is my stomach/intestine noises - haha you can hear me from the other side of the room as my juices gurgle through the loop!

Miranda W.
on 12/3/14 12:26 pm - Zebulon, NC

I have definitely heard and seen the haters. Hope they keep in mind all of these surgeries were new at one time. I wish everyone success with the personal decision they made to help with their weight loss journey. I am glad you are doing so well. 40lbs gone is great! Keep up the good work. 

MsBatt
on 12/5/14 4:24 am

I don't really think anyone here 'hates' the SADI. I do think a lot of us vets are cautious about embracing something untested over time.

I know that I wish they wouldn't tell folks it's "just like" the traditional DS, because it's NOT. (Some surgeons say the same thing about a distal or extended RNY, for craps' sake!)

I too hope y'all will stick around, so we can watch your progress. Hopefully ten years from now you'll all be at goal and maintaining effortlessly. (*grin*)

Miranda W.
on 12/5/14 4:46 am - Zebulon, NC

It's a shame some doctors don't explain the difference . My doctor was well informed and explained exactly what I was  getting. That is precisely why I wanted it. I definitely will be sticking around and letting you know how I'm doing. Right now I'm grinning every morning I get on the scale and every time I pass the medicine cabinet. ( *grin*) Enjoy your weekend. 

Lisarn1
on 12/8/14 10:13 pm - Raleigh, NC

I was just going to post the exact same thing until I read your response. Dr. Enochs was very specific in describing the differences between each of the surgery options, most especially between the SADI and DS procedures. I'm only sorry that I was unable to continue on to the bypass portion of the SADI procedure. I most likely will not pursue it because I am just sick and tired of having multiple surgeries.

RNY 10/19/09 - Revision to VSG 10/13/14 - Dr Paul Enochs 

SWEETMEL7
on 12/3/14 2:58 pm - NY

Hi. I had my SADI a year from yesterday and I love it. SW 268 and  now 116. I haven't gained any weight. Off of all HBP  and cholesterol pills. I am very happy with the results.... 

Valerie G.
on 12/3/14 10:05 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I do hope you all stick around under the microscope so we can continue to see how you're doing.  You're pioneers to the SADI.

The DS was considered experimental for over 20 years before it got some respect. 

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

airbender
on 12/4/14 8:31 am

well....if you talk to some drs it still doesnt have any respect...sigh

Lisarn1
on 12/3/14 11:11 pm - Raleigh, NC

Miranda, I am so happy that things are going well for you! Keep me posted.

Lisa

RNY 10/19/09 - Revision to VSG 10/13/14 - Dr Paul Enochs 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 435 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 882 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 2 replies · 296 views