need protien shake recommendations

rosegirlds
on 1/21/15 11:24 am - IL

Hello!  Iam about18 months post op DS and really need to tighten back up on my protein intake.  I have been stretching the rules a bit and an ready to get back on track.  Ik need protein shake recommendations.  Something high in protein, light in carbs, absorbs well for a ds patient, and yummy.  Any thoughts?  II have been doing premiere protein but would like to get in more it i can.

Thanks everyone

Rebecca

MajorMom
on 1/21/15 5:28 pm - VA

The Syntrax Nectars are the ones I tend to like the best. They 100% whey protein isolate powder, not ready to drink, so you can play with variety. I like protein coffees made with the vanilla flavor protein with a dash of real cinnamon. I tend to like the creamy ones best and a few of my favorites are vanilla, chocolate, strawberry mousse and cappuccino. 

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

PeteA
on 1/22/15 4:04 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

I like Optimum Nitrition 100% whey mixed with water. Any of the chocolates 
are high on my list but Chocolate Malt is my current favorite. I do other flavors
and Syntrax nectar to switch off.

Pete

(deactivated member)
on 1/24/15 1:25 pm

No such thing as a yummy protein shake from the many I have tried. I used premier protein for a couple of months but I generally don't like it and stopped using it even though I have 2 cases left.

The protein powders are also pretty bad and require too much powder for me. The only thing I'm good with so far is HumaPro. It's expensive protein but only requires a small amount (14th or so) of normal protein powder, mixes well with cold water and is supposedly much more effective at being fully absorbed so as to max out the amino acid break down from the protein. It also comes in the form of 5 pill servings, again expensive.

Huneypie
on 1/24/15 5:19 pm - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Crazeru
on 1/27/15 8:55 am

I ended up having to use Optimum Egg White Protein.  24g protein per scoop.  Only comes in Vanilla Custard and Rich Chocolate.  You can add, peanut butter, banana or other items if you want.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 619 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 979 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 332 views