Pickles?

mljohns
on 3/13/15 7:27 am
DS on 01/27/15

When are pickles (specifically dill) pickles allowed after DS?

SKmammabear
on 3/13/15 9:23 am

We share a surgeon!  I had some a few weeks ago - my surgery was New Years Eve.  I think once you are on solids you can pretty much eat what you want.  I have even been doing a "pickle" roll up using a piece of turkey meat, a piece of sliced cheese and a pickle.  Roll it up...  YUMMY!!  It may also depend on how well you are healing. 

Valerie G.
on 3/14/15 12:01 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Start small.  It took a few months before I could handle crisp veggies without feeling uncomfortable.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Brandy G.
on 3/14/15 9:05 am
DS on 08/20/14

Oddly, these were something I craved really early but only ate a tiny amount and then I was done.  Well, I wanted half-sours but same general thing.  Probably the first vegetable I had.  I mentioned this to the Pickle Lady and she told me it was because they are a live culture food and it was because my body was wanting a special enzyme or something.    She said that there is a reason why pickles are the number one go to food for pregnant lady jokes. 

August 2014 - DS @ Mexicali Bariatric Center / Ungson.
It took me one and a half years to lose 165 pounds.
Weight: High=314, Goal=155, Current=131

K P.
on 3/15/15 5:20 am
DS on 07/08/14

I ate a few here and there after a few months. Now (7 months out) I have a huge 96oz size jar in my fridge that I go through about every two-three weeks. Seriously might need to consider seeing if Costco carries them in a bigger size :) I love the crunch and the taste. Plus since they are pretty much carb free I cut them up and snack on them at night when I am craving anything to just put in my mouth (you know when you are sitting on the couch and you don't want anything in particular - just to eat something?). 

HW 284; SW 270; CW 152; Revised GW 140-160  

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 698 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1014 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 340 views