DS Surgeons (looking for some guidance)

Lyss Remaly
on 4/8/15 3:49 am - Wheeling, IL

Good Afternoon my peeps!  

As some of you may know, I am currently in contest prep for a bodybuilding competition.  I am 9 weeks out from the show and finding myself at a bit of a sticking point.  Bodybuilding coaches don't understand the DS and surgeons don't understand bodybuilding...so here I am!  I have an INCREDIBLE surgeon!  I truly love him from the bottom of my heart, I would just like to get some very specific guidance. 

I am wondering if any of you out there have a DS surgeon who I might reach out to for some additional guidance or even just to bounce some ideas off of with my prep for the bodybuilding show?  This has really been a learning process but I think my knowledge of the surgery and nutrition and dieting has been exhausted.  I would truly appreciate any suggestions or even if you know people I might be able to reach out to that would be amazing!  

Thank you SO much in advance!   

Laura in Texas
on 4/8/15 8:04 am

I'm not sure how many DS surgeries he has performed, but I would try contacting Garth Davis. He is very knowledgeable about nutrition.

Good luck!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

MajorMom
on 4/8/15 8:11 pm - VA

Surgeons have zero special training in nutrition or bodybuilding.  Perhaps a better source of ideas and information would be with a good, experienced WLS savvy dietitian.  I think I can put you in touch with one if you're interested.

--gina 

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Lyss Remaly
on 4/9/15 12:10 am - Wheeling, IL

Gina that would be INCREDIBLE!!!!  Anyone is better than being left to my own ideas at this point haha

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 333 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 799 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 268 views