10 years post op the wonderful DS

Isha F.
on 4/9/15 1:16 am

I have been missing from this site for so long, and it is truly a shame as it was my lifeline for so long.  I was always so interested to look at people who were further out to see if this can really work long term???  I had many friends and family members that had RNY and none with lasting success.  

So those of you researching or starting this journey, I am 10 years out, 131 pounds, (366 starting weight). 20.5 BMI.

i just uploaded my anniversary pic from Le Blanc in Cancun on 3/7/15.  Best wishes to my DS friends before, during and after my rebirth date.  

Isha - I lost 235 pounds EATING NORMAL!  Saavy? Click on my name to find out why I chose the Duodenal Switch Surgery instead. 

isha.jpg picture by leaannjohnson
 Captain Hook: [to Wendy] Didst thou ever want to be a pirate? 

south2north
on 4/9/15 2:54 am
DS on 11/19/14

Thank you and congrats on your continued success!

PattyL
on 4/9/15 3:26 am

Congratulations!  I love hearing from people who are long term postops and doing well.

(deactivated member)
on 4/9/15 10:26 am

Congratulations! Hopefully the rest of us can do as well long term.

Sunshine16
on 4/12/15 7:55 am

Congrats, it doesn't appear you have any PCOS symptoms, is that true. My weight is higher but only 10 pounds from my ideal weight. My malabsorption is not as strong and I most of the time I feel real, before I had the surgery. However I feel a challenge to loose the weight, obviously you are not experiencing the same issues. Are you able to drop weight when you want to?

SW / CW / GW 292 / 188 / 174 - Height 5'7, Size 10

Isha F.
on 2/28/16 9:23 am

Yes, if I hit it low carb for about 2 weeks I can drop 10 lbs.

Isha - I lost 235 pounds EATING NORMAL!  Saavy? Click on my name to find out why I chose the Duodenal Switch Surgery instead. 

isha.jpg picture by leaannjohnson
 Captain Hook: [to Wendy] Didst thou ever want to be a pirate? 

Kathy S.
on 3/3/16 8:35 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Congratulations!  You look AMAZING 

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

sunshine1968
on 3/13/16 6:38 pm

Hi there! Congrats on your success! Would you mind sharing what your carb, protein and fat intake are like. I had my DS in 2013 and I never got down to goal-about 45 lbs shy- and then managed to gain 20+ lbs on top of that. Would you mind sharing what you did to succeed, what size your sleeve was and common channel length. Trying to figure out how much the surgery should help and how much is me. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 627 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 985 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 335 views