7 Years out today!

Crazeru
on 4/17/15 8:00 am

Just a quick post to say Happy Surgiversary to me!  It's been 7 years since my DS.  I'm down a total of 85lbs and still wearing the same clothes that I started wearing at 8 months out. 

I do have foods that don't like my guts.  Onions, gluten, broccoli, whey, sugar alcohols (no SF stuff for me).  If I decide to partake, I know I'll most like have gas and bloating a few hours later.  It's my choice what I choose to eat and when.  I make a sandwich with 2 or 3 slices of cheese on both sides with 4 oz of meat with mayo.  Generally, I can only eat 1/2 at a time for 25-35g protein. 

I love looking and feeling normal.  I did have PS in 2011 and had a lower body lift, breast lift, arms and small inner thigh (the loose skin that rubs when you walk).  I also had a facelift a few days later.  I'd rather have the scars than the loose skin.  I went back in 2013 for an upper body lift to get rid of the upper back skin and fat.  I'd also had a large muffin top that Dr Sauceda lipo'd before my LBL.  Now, I don't have to try to hide my misshaped body due to my obesity.  The DS helped me to look normal, PS allowed me to feel normal.

My insulin dependent diabetes is gone, along with my high blood pressure and cholesterol.  I take prescription potassium to keep it my potassium level up.  My  labs are due, but haven't had any problems once I was able to get my D up by taking my dry vits in the middle of night, so no food on my tummy.

This was the best decision of my life.  Thank you to Dr Rabkin and Dr Sauceda!

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

chienpoo1
on 4/17/15 11:45 am

wow!! congrats!!!..any tips for those who are scheduled to have this procedure? I mean what have you learned thus far as a post DS patient? Do you have any regrets? unexpected surprises? Are DS patients able to lay on their stomach to sleep? Anyway just curious.

airbender
on 4/17/15 1:32 pm

what a great post, and you look fantastic, and sound like you are doing great, now to the next 7 years

If you have a specific question for me, PM me or I will not see it, as I don't check responses on the forums and don't have anything forwarded to my email.

on 4/17/15 7:02 pm

Nice post happy surgiversary

VSG TO DS REVISION 

MajorMom
on 4/17/15 7:58 pm - VA

Happy surgiversary, Chris!  

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

larra
on 4/18/15 3:22 am - bay area, CA

Congratulations, Chris! You have really made the most of your DS.

Larra

Crazeru
on 4/18/15 4:52 am

Thanks everyone.  For the newbies, read as much as you can.  Here, DSfacts and other boards.  You want to be as prepared as you can be before surgery.  Have labs taken a few months before surgery to bring up any that are low, it's much easier to do before surgery than after.  Eat your protein first and take your vitamins.  Learn what foods your body likes and those that it doesn't.    Then live your life.

I'm not a tummy sleeper, but you can after a few weeks, mostly I'm a side sleeper and the first couple of weeks were hard.

I will say that I do more now than when I was obese.  I've gone skydiving, what a rush!  I love zip lines.  I haven't been back scuba diving, but it's on my bucket list.  Dancing - from ballroom to West Coast Swing and Contra, love it and it's great exercise.

Absolutely, no regrets.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

south2north
on 4/18/15 5:35 am
DS on 11/19/14

Congrats & best wishes!

sunshine1968
on 3/13/16 6:32 pm

Happy surgiversary! 

Kathy S.
on 3/15/16 8:51 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Congratulations and thank you for the update. It inspires so many people to see it can be done!     

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 695 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1011 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 339 views