newbie stalled for over a week just had surgery 1/6/16

sweetjazz
on 1/25/16 9:16 am
DS on 01/06/16

I just had surgery this month I lost a lot the first week, but haven't lost anything the last 7 days since i went to soft foods.  Did anyone else have a stall out so early it's only 2 1/2 weeks out?  I am only able to eat 2.5 ounces a meal, and I am only doing protein items and filling what I miss in with liquid protein shakes, I am taking all the needed vitamins.  Today I am going back to all liquids to see if I can break it.  I am just worried because I hear you lose the most in the first 2 months.

larra
on 1/25/16 10:06 am - bay area, CA

It's the classic 3rd week stall. There is a scientific explanation for it that is lengthy and I won't get into it here. Suffice it to say that this happens to almost everyone. Step away from the scale! Eat what you are supposed to be eating and don't panic, the weight will come off.

And where did you get this thing about the first 2 months?? Assuming you had the DS (this is the DS forum after all) you will be losing weight nicely for at least a year. It will slow down as time goes on of course, but this 2 month thing is not correct.

Larra

sweetjazz
on 1/25/16 9:45 pm
DS on 01/06/16

Thanks so much, Yes I did get the DS, Have a great week.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 436 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 884 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 2 replies · 298 views