bloating

elissa_hock
on 8/26/17 1:03 pm

New post op struggling with bloating and pain--- can't get in the fluids or nutrition because I feel full every second. Really need some assistance, I'm regretting this right now.

larra
on 8/26/17 3:28 pm - bay area, CA

The first few days - weeks are tough, but remember why you did this and how long you have struggled with obesity, and how far you have already come. You will get through this.

For now, focus on staying hydrated. If you can manage that much, you are fine. Your body has stores of protein to get you through the first few tough weeks. So water, sip, sip, sip, try different temperatures, try sugar free popcicles or crystal lite or whatever works, and don't worry about any of the other stuff. And if you can't stay hydrated, go to the ER and get some IV fluids. You won't be the first person who did this. It WILL get better!

Larra

Valerie G.
on 8/27/17 12:34 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Bloating can be from inflammation or from air still trapped in your body (if surgery was done lap, they blow you up like a balloon). Walk, move and wiggle if you're only days out to work those air bubbles out. Hydration is your #1 priority now, and it's nothing short of a full-time job. 64oz is your minimum and it will take you every waking hour to achieve this. Concentrate on a sip or a teaspoon full every couple of minutes. Carry a jug with you and take a sip before you do anything and another sip when you fini**** Make up games, whatever it takes. Nothing will be pleasant to taste, which is normal. Find something that doesn't suck, and work with that. Everything wet counts.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Sunshine16
on 9/6/17 6:36 am

Are you taking a good daily Probiotic, how far along are you?

SW / CW / GW 292 / 188 / 174 - Height 5'7, Size 10

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 975 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1168 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 434 views