Second time around!

LapGyrl
on 4/22/18 1:12 am

After several years of frustration with my weight loss efforts and being denied by insurance, I have decided to return to the facility that did my initial surgery for a VSG revision to DS (traditional). My surgeon passed away but the hospital still has outstanding reviews and testimonials for Dr Esquerra. The first time in 2010 I didn't tell anyone until I returned from Mexico but this time I will share and remind them to keep any negativity to themselves. Telling my family is causing me more stress than than the thought of actually having the procedure! Hopefully they will be supportive.

I lost about 90lbs from 2010 to 2015, gained 60 from 2016-2017, then lost 20 over the past year. I'm now stuck around 220. Hoping for a surgery date in June.

Prayers up!

YouTube channel Sleeve2DS 83

PattyL
on 4/22/18 8:09 am

Good choice, great surgeon. You will be fine!

chevtow41
on 4/22/18 8:14 am
DS on 11/11/14

Esquerra is the only DS surgeon in MX to trust. Good choice

KimsyWhimsy
on 4/22/18 9:21 pm
DS on 10/25/17

Good luck with everything! Family and friends can sometimes be the hardest people to tell, but if they truly care about you and your health, they'll put aside their own aversions and support you.

MarinaGirl
on 4/23/18 1:26 pm

If telling them about the surgery is causing stress, why don't you wait like you did the first time around? Do what's best for YOU and your mindset. Good luck!

LapGyrl
on 4/28/18 5:05 pm

Thank you so much! We are very close and they were extremely hurt that I would do something so major w/o telling them. I've already told them about my DS and my sister was supportive. My parents are not for it (especially in MX) but my mom is glad I told her and just wants me to be aware of the complications and possibility of it not working. She would feel better if someone went with me. I'm perfectly fine by myself lol. We are working on my sis possibly going once I get my date. Now that that's out of the way, I can move forward with a clear conscience.

LadyDi9080
on 4/28/18 3:00 am - Tallahassee, FL

you will be so happy with your results! Research the length you want your common channel to be and discuss that with your surgeon. Prayers up for you.

SW / GW / CW  5'10"
306 / 165 / 140
With the DS: there is no stoma, so no stoma strictures; there are no limitations (other than volume) against drinking before, during or after meals; 80% of ingested fat is malabsorbed; 98.9% of type II diabetics are CURED of this devastating disease, with data showing stable cure over 10 years out; there is the best average weight loss and most durable (average 76% excess weight loss going out 10 years) of all of the bariatric surgeries.  That's why I had a DS!

LapGyrl
on 4/28/18 5:31 pm

Thank you so much! I just read your profile, congrats on your success!

Crazeru
on 4/29/18 5:46 pm

My family wasn't happy about my choice to go to Mexico to Dr Sauceda for my PS. But, I told them, I've done my research and I'm an adult "IT IS MY CHOICE". It was the best thing after my DS that I've done. Stick to your guns.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 860 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1109 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 371 views