Calories Burned

misscrys
on 6/1/11 3:56 am - Lawrenceville, GA
Does anyone know of any devices (similar to the Body Bugg) that will electronically calculate your calories burned. Would love to get the Body Bugg but it's a little out of my price range.

Thanks,
Crystal

...Includes 24 lbs lost before surgery

Paul C.
on 6/1/11 4:27 am - Cumming, GA
Some HR monitors do but this is mainly done or worn while exercising as the chest strap would be annoying to wear all day.
Paul C.
First 5K 9/27/20 46:32 - 11 weeks post op  (PR 28:55 8/15/11)
First 10K 7/04/2011 1:03      
      First 15K 9/18/2011 1:37
First Half Marathon 10/02/2011 2:27:44 (
PR 2:24:35)   
First Half Ironman 9/30/12 7:32:04
MacMadame
on 6/1/11 9:55 am - Northern, CA
 Plus some of them are only accurate when you are working out as they aren't designed to monitor the heart a rest.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Seht
on 6/1/11 9:41 am
I'm not sure what your price range is, but there are a lot of them listed on ebay.
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=body+bugg&_sacat=0&_odkw=bo dy+bug&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

Or you might try craigs list as well.

Before you buy something, make sure you find out how it calculates your calories burned.
You don't want something that uses a set formula, because not everyone is the same.  Each persons metabolism and heart rate is different for each workout.  It will also vary with your current weight.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

MacMadame
on 6/1/11 9:58 am - Northern, CA
I have the BodyMedia FIT and I found it to be pretty accurate (except for biking but lately it's been doing that well too -- must have been that software upgrade I recently downloaded).

I think it's worth the money. Cheaper variations don't do a good job. BUT most people find after 3 months of wearing them that they then have a good sense of how much they are burning and they get tired of wearing them and sell them. IOW, you can save money by buying a used one.

Also, if you see something that sounds like it's a BodyBugg but its around $79, that's actually just the display watch and not the device. (This fools a lot of people so I thought I'd mention it.)

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Sarah108
on 6/2/11 4:37 am - Santa Fe, NM
 Am looking for something like body bugg  but that is waterproof. I swim a lot and would like to measure the calories I burn while doing laps.Any suggestions are most welcomed.

Tata Sarah
Most Active