Just restarting to workout, dizzy episodes??

sknd34
on 1/6/12 6:06 am - West Fargo, ND
I had the band about 3 years ago and did well for about 1 1/2 years and than we decided to do a revision. I had been working out about 4 days per week for an hour or more and doing quite well and felt good. I also worked with a trainer one day per week. Well, I had my revision done on Nov. 29 to RNY and have had 2 dilatations since. Just can't get out of the full liquid stage. Have been trying pureed/soft, but the pouch isn't quite accepting it yet. Will probably need another dilatation again soon according to the surgeon.

Well anyway. I am aloud to walk, elliptical, and bike. I can lift up to 50 pounds. My core activity restriction has been lifted. I asked if I could resume working with my trainer and taking classes and the doctor said to give it another month until I am doing well at work. I go back to work on Monday and work as a nurse, so it is a physically demanding job. They don't want me over doing it at the gym and then getting sick so I can't work.

Today I started back doing a little bit of kettle bell at home (Used to do this presurgery also). I started with only 5 pound bells, so very light weight. I have a heart monitor watch and my heart rate was right around 140.  After about 15 minutes, I all of a sudden back lightheaded and started thinking I was going to faint. I had enough common sense to sit down quick and checked my heart rate on my watch and it had suddenly dropped to 78.  Has anybody else had this happen? I haven't ever experience this, but it was my first workout besides for walking since surgery.   After I recovered from this episode, I did about 10 minutes of easy core and was fine.  FYI: I was drinking during the short workout and have been getting my fluids in.
Original weight 285. Lowest weight 210. Revision weight 249. Size 24W
Current weight 210 as of February 23, 2012!!!
Current size 16-18 as of February 25, 2012!!!
acbbrown
on 1/6/12 8:34 am - Granada Hills, CA
I would recommend seeing a doc asap - certain heart conditions could cause this, as well as a lot of other reasons. Better to be safe than sorry.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Most Active