Haven't posted in a while but....

jeparis0125
on 3/22/12 4:49 am - Hampstead, MD
I just got the diagnosis I was dreading.  Apparently I have rheumatoid arthritis.  I had my first major flare just 3 days after I registered for the Marine Corps Marathon.  I'm still going to try and run - I'm not going to let this defeat me but I'm really bummed.  Anybody else out there running with RA?
Thanks... Julie 

Kim S.
on 3/22/12 5:18 am - Helena, AL

I hate to hear that!  I have OA....not RA....in both knees. Actually running is the only thing that has helped with the pain....rarely do I have any now....just during weather changes.

I love your attitude!  Don't let it beat you-listen to your body and keep doing what you love as long as you can....modify so that you don't injure yourself.

Hugs.

jeparis0125
on 3/22/12 5:23 am - Hampstead, MD
 Thanks for the kind words!  I have OA as well but it's not too terribly severe but this RA diagnosis just knocked the wind out of me.  I was expecting it but it was still an unpleasant surprise.  I was able to get back on the elliptical today for the first time in two weeks so that was a plus.  It's amazing how much better I felt once I was able to exercise again! 

Take care of your knees!  I agree - running has really helped me.  Until I was sidelined I didn't realize how much I missed it.  I'm glad to hear someone else is still running with arthritis.  

Julie

Most Active