Weekend Workouts

billmacc7
on 5/31/13 11:33 pm - MA

Hi All-Well it has been a  challenging week. I had not run for over a month due to an ankle injury. I ran this past week as follows:  Sunday 3; Tuesday 4; Wednesday 3; Thursday 4 and today 4.  Each day was a GRIND but I am DETERMINED to get back to running condition....

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

nfarris79
on 6/1/13 3:05 am, edited 6/2/13 12:46 am - Germantown, MD

Good on ya, Bill!! Looks like you're plugging away at it!

Today I ran a Half-Marathon (so 13.1 or abouts), and tomorrow I'll do my training run with my marathon group of 11 miles at 10:30 pace.

ETA: I STRONGLY discourage anyone from doing something this stupid - I felt WRETCHED during our group run because of running on Saturday. Tomorrow is absolutely rest day!

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

LJ1972
on 6/2/13 6:48 am - FL

Friday was my busy gym day - Spinnerval in the morning, then Tabata and Zumba in the afternoon

Saturday - I call it the "Luke Upper Body Plan' -    my 8mth old great nephew is in town and I played with him All. Day. Long.   We went swimming in the evening but no laps, all "strength" training lol    (my shoulders and quads are so sore from carrying him / playing / etc)

COURAGE TO START, STRENGTH TO ENDURE, RESOLVE TO FINISH 
                              HW 353 SW 317 Original GW 180  Current Wt  170 
                               First 5k 59:18; 5k PR 32:06;  1st 10k 1:20:27; PR 1:08:36
                                                    1st Half Marathon 2:48

Pensacola Double Bridge Run 15k- 1:47:34
                                                  Three Sprint Triathlons

Sam LifeNerd
on 6/2/13 11:57 pm

This weekend... I repeated my first ever race, the USMC Mud Run here locally!  5k, up/down hills, through the woods, mud holes, creeks, ice pits, up a rope climb, over walls, through pipes and finally a huge mud hole/POND to finish.

Last year, I weighed 235ish at the mud run, buddy of mine hurt his heel so lots of breaks/walking and we finished in 1:15.  I did not succeed on the rope climb up the hill, and had help over the walls.

This year.. we finished in 55 minutes, I went up the rope climb like there was nothing to it, over the first wall like a champ, and the second wall still got me, had to take the step up.  (So I still have a goal for next years race!)  My weight was 190 pounds this year.  (Pic of the runners before / after in my Photos.  The two ladies are also RNY patients in our program!)

That was Saturday, Sunday I hit the gym to do my CrossFit WOD, and when I got home, I had a NEW personal record, 189.8 pounds!!

(deactivated member)
on 6/3/13 1:48 am

I was supposed to run a 5K on Saturday. It was a benefit event for a family with a daughter with cystic fibrosis but I am still babying my foot/ankle. I was hopeful and picked up our packets on Friday but wasn't feeling strong on Saturday so I skipped the 5K but did run the mile fun run  with my boys. Then, we cheered on the 5K'ers as they came in, my son's soccer coach ran a sub 30 5K in 90 degree heat, in our hilly neighborhood while pushing a 150 pound wheelchair with an 80 pound, special needs 17-year-old in it. The kiddo was having such a great time and I was completely moved by his selfless act, I'm going to find some way to help out the organization that paired up the runners with the kiddos.

Most Active