Anyone feel like this???

NLHRN
on 9/12/14 9:56 am
VSG on 08/26/14

When I'm not out for my 30min walk/hike I feel like I'm sitting just gaining weight!! I know I'm not and it's in my head but I feel like I should b constantly lifting or using my exercise cord while watching tv...I will b 3wks post op on Tues. And already have a muscle tear from doing too much too soon. I just can't shake this feeling!!!!

Any others go thru this??

HW-410  Consult-380  SW-364.4 

1/12/15-310.2lbs

Gwen M.
on 9/12/14 10:34 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I did have an experience some weeks ago where I felt like a slacker for "only" doing yoga one day.  But, I've gotten beyond that now, thank goodness!  Since I don't think I could do any more exercise in my week than I'm already doing.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

nfarris79
on 9/12/14 6:04 pm - Germantown, MD

I think a lot of people go thru those feelings and for me, it involved a come-to-Jesus decision: if I run every day without rest, I'm setting myself up for not being able to run for the long-term. Injury sucks more than tolerating the rest day. An active lifestyle can feel pretty addicting, but keep repeating to yourself that rest is part of working out!

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

(deactivated member)
on 9/13/14 3:35 am

Hey, I am john. Congratulate me! I am having the perfect body i have always admired for! I just wanted to share two things that made huge changes in my body.

1] I wanted the results that stick. So, I started dieting and exercising in such a way that now those things are my habit now. They are in my daily routine. I just want to tell you that making big changes in your diet and exercise will sure give the results, but only for a shot period of time. If you really want results that stick, you have to make a plan which is no different than your current daily routine.

2] Your thinking matters a lot in getting the perfect body you want. The moment i realized this I started focusing on the body I actually want rather that looking my big fat body into the mirror. So, when you start focusing on the body you actually want, you will get that body.

So, I think in your case that is because you are torturing your body way to much. I would recommend you to plan diet and exercise in such a way that you can fit them in your daily routine.

Thank you

FREE eBook revels how your "weight loss mentality" help you loose weight

dustin807
on 9/23/14 3:11 am

This happens to me all the time in just about every area of my life. I go through this a lot with my business. I work for myself and can sometimes feel like every minute I am not working is time wasted. However, as long as I have a goal to work toward, with many micro goals in between, then I feel like when I spend my time working I can be more productive and when I'm not working it is because I am on schedule with my goal. It is a very anxious feeling and can sometimes induce anxiety attacks. My suggestion for reducing this feeling or maybe even eliminating it is to actually attach goals to your physical exercise.

I once read an article on elitefts.com that talked about "Training for Performance." The premise was that if you are exercising to lose weight, then you should not just "move around" for some set time period. If you are going to walk for 30 minutes, then it might be beneficial to set a goal to cover a certain distance in 30 minutes, and then once you achieve that goal either try to cover more distance in the same time or cover the same distance in less time. This is what is meant by training for performance.

If your weekly goal is to hike 5 miles, then if you have reached 4 miles by Wednesday, you might feel less anxious / guilty for not exercising every minute of the day knowing that you have already reached 80% of your goal.

Maybe get together with your doctor or trainer and determine a set of safe performance level goals to base your fitness program around and then when ever you start to feel anxious about not exercising try to take comfort in the fact that you have a goal based on educated advice and that you are on track to meet that goal, at which time you will set a new goal and diligently pursue it.

Good luck to you.

(deactivated member)
on 10/20/14 5:14 am

I didn't think so....I can't fell this anymore..

Tracy D.
on 10/20/14 5:25 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Here's a hard truth:  Exercise isn't how you lose weight -- never was, never will be.   The battle of the bulge is ALWAYS won at the kitchen table.   Exercise is NOT for losing weight, it's for strengthening muscles and increasing cardiovascular fitness - period.  

At your current size, vigorous exercise can actually do more damage than good.  I've seen it over and over again at my gym.  People who need to lose 100-200 lbs. come in, hit it hard and tear muscles, pop tendons, damage ankles and knees and set themselves up for failure by getting serious injuries right off the bat.  Honestly, even a super-fit person would get hurt if they had to carry another person on their back throughout their entire workout.

I'm not saying "don't walk every day" because that's really good for you.  But you need to get over the obsession that you need to be constantly exercising.  You've just picked up another obsession besides food and it's not any healthier for you, truly.    

And at 3 weeks out, pretty much the only thing you should be doing is walking at this point.  I wasn't released to do any kind of lifting/pulling exercises until 6 weeks.  You're not healed internally yet and could be causing serious damage by trying things way too soon.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active