Still have H Pylori...Surgery Rescheduled - X Post

Ithocles
on 6/13/11 8:50 am
Well, when reviewing my EGD results at my pre-op checking they see I still have H Pylori. I start a Pylera course tomorrow and surgery is rescheduled for June 28th.  I'm really upset, but I know it's for the best outcome.  I'll just have ANOTHER two weeks of liquid diet.

-Danny

OneFinger
on 6/14/11 2:41 am
Danny,

So sorry to hear of this temporary set-back. I hope they get things resolved and the 28th becomes reality.

Hang in there.

High Weight = 310     Surgery Weight = 300   Dr's Goal = 200   My Goal = 190    
gman1972
on 6/14/11 7:03 am
Hey but heres the good news...you get to have your surgery, something you'ved needed for a long time. More good news, you are going to be in better shape with the H pylori taken care of...More good news you get to loose a lil more weight prior to surgery, again safer.

Keep ur chin up..

Hugs
G

sfnativewm
on 6/14/11 9:52 am
Sorry for the delay!!!  BUT  the surgery will happen!  If I might suggest increase your daily walking as that is something that will be helpful in your recovery!!  Hang in there

~Ann~
Band removed and feeling alive with energy!

(deactivated member)
on 6/14/11 9:54 pm - Canada
Hi Danny,

Having had an h pylori infection post-RNY, this IS for the best!

I tested negative in all but one out of seven tests and that one small amount (found in the biopsy during my gastroscopy) was enough to put me in the hospital for 7 days, needing a blood transfusion, due to loss of blood resulting from gastric bleeding.

Plus the meds to combat the h pylori are killer on the stomach and even worse as a liquid form (or having to be crushed)...be glad they're doing the treatment now, while you are still able to take the pills!
ronibug
on 6/15/11 2:58 am - Baypoint, CA
Minor set back but I know how hard it is. I'm getting over bronchitis and need my endoscopy done next week. Then my date I hope. Stay positive!
Ithocles
on 6/15/11 9:57 am
Thank you all for helping me keep my head up.  I was down for a few hours, but it is all for the best.  It's on for the 28th now, so just a couple more weeks.

Take care everyone, and I'm still loosing!

-Danny

gman1972
on 6/27/11 12:08 am
Danny any updates are you still on for tomorrow??? Sorry the mother in me kicked in, so dont leave us in suspense..

Hugs
G

Ithocles
on 6/27/11 2:09 am
LOL!  Gotta keep the moms happy.  I've been meaning to do it...so I'm getting it in now.  Hope all is well G and that you had a great pride weekend.  How did the party go?

Hugs,

Danny

gman1972
on 6/27/11 6:39 am
We had a great day yesterday...make sure to give us an update as soon as you feel up to it..All will be well...

Hugs
G

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 379 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 951 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1327 views