Two-week Post-op Check In

Ithocles
on 7/11/11 4:07 am
Hello All,

I can't believe it's already been two weeks since surgery.  In some ways it seems like it's been forever and at other times it seems like it was just yesterday.

Things are going really well.  I'm getting all my supplements in and remembering all my meds, for the most part.  There were two evening where they slipped my mind.  I've went to liquid for one medication and it has thrown me out of my pattern.  I'm getting most of my protein in as well.  I'm supposed to get 80 in but there were a couple of days were it's been closer to 60.  Liquids have been no problem.

I have the six "stab wounds" on my belly and one of them is a little red and angry, but a little triple antibiotic fixed it right up.  There's really nothing else to tell....it's all gone so well.

I have my two-week appointment with the surgeon on Wednesday and it'll be good to hear what he says.  I'm already down 46 lbs though.  Wow!!!!  Only 18 is post surgery but I'm still in awe.

As an admission, I have had Taco Bueno refried beans twice.  I couldn't eat the whole thing, but goodness they were delicious!!!!  I start soft fish next week.

Take care all.

Hugs,

Danny

sandy L.
on 7/11/11 1:53 pm - Altoona, PA
 Danny,

Has it been 2 weeks already?  Time flies...Glad to hear you're doing so well.  

Ithocles
on 7/12/11 1:11 am
 Thanks Sandy.  Time has really flown.

gman1972
on 7/11/11 9:32 pm
I was wondering how you were, you've been hiding...WOW 46 pounds thats awesome. Glad its been uneventful, that means things are going as planned...

I had Taco Hell Refried beans before I was supposed to, too...I had to have something besides broth...I also had ground turkey before I was supposed to, too...

Glad things find you well,

Hugs

G

Ithocles
on 7/12/11 1:15 am
Thanks G.  That one month of liquid diet really gave me a jump start on the weight loss.  It was hell, but I'm glad I did it.  Today has been  a little bit of a challenging day.  Nothing serious, just real tired.  I guess my body is getting used to a new normal, or at least starting to.

OMG.  The liquids after were so challenging, but broth never tasted so good.  I had to choke down the jello.  Yuck.  I had an unfortunate encounter with a whole bowl of red jello when I was younger, and I still haven't gotten over it completely.  I'm supposed to be able to have soft fish starting next Wednesday but I imagine I'll be having it a day or so early if things continue to go well.  I had envisioned myself doing everythign 100% correct before.  The reality hasn't been so ideal, but I'm doing really well with things.

Take care G.

Hugs,

Danny

Craig C.
on 7/12/11 12:17 am - Fort Worth, TX
Glad to see your doing well after surgery. Keep up the great weight loss. 46 lbs is amazing. Liquids stage is hard and you'll be happy once you get to soft food. Once soft food gets old you wont be able to wait until solid foods but try I know its hard.  I am about two months out right now myself. Best of luck on your Journey

Craig

Ithocles
on 7/12/11 1:16 am
 Hello Craig,

Two months out.  I guess you are able to eat chicken and some solids.  Did the transition go well for you?

I'm on soft foods now, refried beans, yogurt, soft cheeses, and stuff similar.  I had egg salad which my mouth liked but my belly wasn't so sure about it.

Thanks for the good wishes and I'm sending some your way too.

Hugs,

Danny

Craig C.
on 7/12/11 10:39 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Yeah Danny at two months out I can pretty much eat anything...within reason of course! The transition wa**** and miss. Petey(the name I call my pouch) can be very tempermental. There have been a few times since getting to solids where I have experienced sliming and throwing up what I ate, but I attribute that to eating to fast and not chewing enough. Its almost like relearning how to eat. Some things go down well others not so much. I have found that food is just not that important to me like it used to be. I obviously have to eat it but I dont think about it constantly. Its not as pleasureable anymore I guess is what I am trying to say. However, believe me I am fine with it. Received your good wishes and sending more your way!!

Craig

Ithocles
on 7/14/11 3:49 am
 Petey....haha!  I'm glad you clarified that as your pouch. :)  Now I'm going to have to name my pouch!  Hmmm....I'll have to think on that one.  Any suggestions all?

-Danny

ruggie
on 7/14/11 5:46 pm - Sacramento, CA
Congratulations to you on your journey so far! Great success! I think I'm just a few days behind you on the surgery schedule.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 375 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 948 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1325 views