Six Week Follow Up

Ithocles
on 8/9/11 4:50 am
Hello All,

Life has been really busy and I haven't been on in a while to say hi.  There's no short way to sum up what these past six week have been like.  There have been some challenges, and anyone going into this should realize that there will be a few bumps in the road.  However, I would do it again in a heartbeat.  Including the weight lost in the liquid diet before surgery, I've lost 68 pounds.  Amazing!  I'm no longer taking insulin and I hope to soon be taking less of my medical for lipids and blood pressure.  I've had to replace my wardrobe, thanks to goodwill and friends I've made here and at home.  I could go on and on.

What are my biggest challenges?  I have such a positive attitude about things, I sometimes hate to talk about the challenges because I don't want people to get the wrong idea about this journey.  However, we are talking reality here.  I did lose my positive attitude a bit when they had to postpone my surgery due to H Pylori, but it was just a small dip.  Other than that, just minor challenges.  There have been a couple of times since the surgery where I've just wanted to eat and couldn't.  Not pouch hunger or head hunger, just wanting to eat.  I've eaten too fast a couple of times, which only resulted in some discomfort, but discomfort I do not want to repeat.  And the heat!  Here in Oklahoma it's been blazing hot and it has been a darn good excuse not to exercise too much.  I am getting started though and will be getting a lot of use out of my YWCA membership.  I do have a goal to meet.  I'm going to fun the Tulsa Run 5K in October 2012.  By golly, I'm going to do it.

Well, that's about it as far as catching up with my surgery.  Life with my partner is great, work has slowed down a bit finally, I've finished my two summer courses in stats I was teaching, I'm taking my last class this semester and my dissertation is serving as the academic hazing that it truly is.  Other than pets, shopping, and the occasional estate sale, that's my life right now.  And it is so amazing, even more so with less weight.

Take care all, and thank you for helping me through this journey.

Warmest Hugs,

Danny

gman1972
on 8/9/11 10:03 pm
All I have to say is YAY YAY YAY...with a dash of "about time you showed up". I got your Faceplace Message and will reply in a bit.

You know we sit back and we listen to other peoples stories and we think about what is said, but it doesn't seem to soak in. I mean in a positive or negative way...

I am talking about this board, of course, its here for us all to grow. We can grow stronger or weaker based on the information here.

You are an example of someone that we should grow from, everything in life is about attitude. Bumps are going to happen, no matter how much we would like to control everything, the fact is we can control very little in the grand scheme of things. We can do our best when it comes to ourselves and thats all we can do...When we realize this life becomes so much easier. 

I am so glad that you are doing so well and that you are staying positive. Great job mista man..

Hugs
G

Ithocles
on 8/10/11 2:58 am
Thanks G...very much.

Craig C.
on 8/9/11 11:53 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Congrats on your success Danny its so nice to hear the positive of this journey. I know it helps to reinforce my reasons for doing it everytime I hear someone newer talking about their experiences. Granted I am pretty new myself. But when you get down on yourself about stalls etc., its refreshing to read a positive remark. I can definitely attest to living where its hot as hell. We have been living in 110+ weather here in Texas so I definitely feel your pain. Congrats again and keep it up. As Gman said we all help each other.

Craig 

P.S. I know G I have been a ghost too! But i'm baaack!

Ithocles
on 8/10/11 3:00 am
Thanks Craig.  And congratulations on your success!  We're all really rocking it out it seems.  

rtptjd
on 8/10/11 1:53 am - Atlanta, GA
Congratulations! Glad things are going well. Makes me tired just to read about your schedule!! Keep up the good work and let's see how many more pounds will have dropped off at 12 weeks.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 375 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 948 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1325 views