FRIENDS IN DALLAS NEEDED

cherryj
on 4/28/12 2:32 am - CEDAR HILL, TX
RNY on 06/07/07 with

I had gastric bypass almost 5 years ago and I'm a failure. In the past year, I have slowly started to re-gain weight. I finally admitted to myself I need professional help...again. The 5 day pouch test  isn't working for me.anymore. So, I made an appt to see my surgeon and I pray this will be  the road back to a healthier lifestyle.  Looking for friends in the Dallas,TX area to exchange emails or possibly meet to encourage each other.

OneFinger
on 4/28/12 12:10 pm
I'm so sorry to read that you've starting regaining weight. That is something I fear every day. I can only imagine how it affects you (both mentally and physically).

Unfortunately, I'm not in the Dallas area to provide one-on-one support.

However, I think posting on here is a great option.

But, are there any Dallas support groups you can attend? I had my surgery in one state and then moved to another state. While living in my surgery state I attended local support groups. But, after moving, I found a local support group and have been attending their meetings.

IMHO, support groups are very helpful. It helps keep you accountable for your monthly success and it helps you develop a friendships for immediate support / help.

Keep posting here. Hopefully you can find some on-line support.
High Weight = 310     Surgery Weight = 300   Dr's Goal = 200   My Goal = 190    
cherryj
on 4/28/12 4:56 pm - CEDAR HILL, TX
RNY on 06/07/07 with
Thank you for the kind words. There are support groups from my surgeon's office; I just didn't go as I should have. I will start attending soon.
hedrider
on 6/14/12 2:41 pm - Midlothian, TX
 Hi.  We're close and I could use some new friends as well... msg me.  We'll exchange emails.

You aren't a failure.  You are only a failure when you give up.  You just lost your path.
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

cherryj
on 6/14/12 2:59 pm - CEDAR HILL, TX
RNY on 06/07/07 with
Thank you for the encouragement! I have wondered if I need a revision to let me start over and make it this time. No sure my surgeon does revisions, but am going to ask next time I visit him.  I'm just frustrated!  I just can't lose a lb! I live in Cedar Hill and my primary Dr is at Walnut Grove Family Medical Center in Midlothian. I've been going there for years, and have thought of switching to a Dr closer to home, but Jay is a fantastic, knowledgeable Dr. My weight loss surgeon is in DeSoto, not too far from home.  I am on disability and spend my time doing Bible study, surfing the net, and making soy candles to give to my friends or whoever needs cheering up.
Cherry
hedrider
on 6/15/12 1:14 am - Midlothian, TX
 Have you tried taking a good long look at what you are currently eating, drinking, and doing?

I started to regain.  I'm just over two years and saw a 15 pound increase on the scale.  It's not a lot in the grand scheme of things, but that's how it starts, right?  With a few pounds.  I evaluated what I was eating - REALISTICALLY - and came to the conclusiong that I was just eating way more than I was burning metabolically.  Basically, I was eating too many calories a day to maintain my weight.  So I cut out almost all carbs, because that's where the empty calories are coming from really.  And I've committed to moving more.  I run, and I love it, but I had slacked off - meaning that I had not ran in MONTHS.  Many many months.  But any amount of movement greater than your current is a step in the right direction.

Perhaps a revision is neccessary, but more than likely you'll find it's not.  A revision will help you initially, if it's your tool that's broken, but if what is really broken is your diet, or your head (which, lets be honest, we are all broken in the head when it comes to eating and food!), then you need to get a handle on that in order to be successful long term.

I think that having a certain comfort level with your doctor is important, if you have that with your doctor in Midlothian I say stick with him.  I drive to Arlington to see mine.  :)

I like that you make candles.  I'm very crafty, sometimes too crafty as it tends to take over my spaces at home.  I've never tried candles though.
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

cherryj
on 6/18/12 4:20 pm - CEDAR HILL, TX
RNY on 06/07/07 with
Yeah, I need to keep a journal of everything I eat so I will actually SEE where I'm failing. I'm not able to exercise much, but I need to do what I can. I honestly hope a revision isn't necessary; I hope I can get thiis under control soon.

I'm going out of town for a couple days and will be offline. Will be back online Thurs. Have a fantastic day and week!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 383 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 954 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1330 views